“Everything u need for a comfortable stay.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Dundee
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Great rooms really clean and comfortable food excellent and grounds really lovely - spa facilities missed a jacuzzi but overall it was a very clean an friendly hotel. Breakfast was excellent as was quality of a la carte and bar menus

• Stayed: June 2013
DoubletreeDundee, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear Betzyboo27,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a Trip Advisor comment and for providing us with your valued feedback. I was delighted to learn that you had enjoyed your stay here with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee recently.

We take great pride in meeting, and indeed exceeding, our guests' expectations and your comments will be shared with our team so that they know how much you appreciated their efforts.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Dundee in the near future and, in the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do let me know.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

just one night's stay this time as they were fully booked for the following night (shame), but I have to say that this was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The hotel itself is nice enough, a mixture of old country house and newer guest wings along with beautiful grounds. The outstanding feature of this hotel was the staff. We truly felt that the staff were exceptional, friendly, attentive and polite. They really were a cut above normal chain hotel staff, having real pride in their hotel and interest in their guests. I will guarantee to stay here on every return trip to Dundee

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Neilt01
M26Dundee, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear Neilt01,

Many thanks for your kind comments - especially about our staff - we are a great team! Sorry to hear you were only able to stay the one night, however we would be delighted to welcome you back and hope you visit Dundee again in the near future!

Kind Regards

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We went to the hotel for a overnight stay . The location although close to Dundee was quiet and restful ,the staff are very helpful and polite , the facilities were clean and well appointed and the gardens are lovely . We had dinner in the bar and the food was of a great standard , we ordered room service later and although there was a slight hiccup it was fixed promptly by the staff . The hotel is in a great location with access quickly to St Andrews and other lovely places to see . The outside of the hotel could do with a bit of a paint with a nicer colour but apart from that we will definitely return .

• Stayed: August 2013
DoubletreeDundee, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear maxgusScotland,

Thank you for taking your time to leave a review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed our great standards and your visit to us. I hope you will return to the hotel in the very near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We arrived on a Thursday night for 3 nights, and were placed in a standard room which was adequate except there was only 1 towel ring in the bathroom which meant there was no where to hang wet bath towels after a shower/bath and there was no shelving in the bathroom to put any toiletries. The room also needs air conditioning as the room was very hot and you could only open the window about 2 inches (some of our party could not open the windows at all) which meant there was not enough air in the room when the heavy black out curtains were closed as they held the heat in making for an uncomfortable nights sleep in warm weather. On the plus side the staff were very friendly and very helpful and the food was very good.

1  Thank Susan B
DoubletreeDundee, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Susan B,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our SALT survey and for providing us with your valued feedback. I was delighted to learn that you had enjoyed your stay here with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee recently.

We take great pride in meeting, and indeed exceeding, our guests’ expectations and your comments will be shared with our team so that they know how much you appreciated their efforts. I am however, sorry to learn that your stay was less than fully satisfactory due to the ventilation and storage facilities within the room. I apologise that, on this occasion, you were disappointed with your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee in the near future and, in the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do let me know.

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Well what can I say this hotel was the last stop of a tour of scotland and never was the saying save the best 'til last more applicable. Greeted with 4 warm cookies on arrival,things got off to a flyer. Staff throughout were very friendly & courteous at all times. Pool & spa area were great. Ate in the restaurant,3 different menus made it a little confusing but the Thai green curry was a good shout. In summing up I'd like to come back & stay the week.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Wookie_win,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor comment and for providing us with your valued feedback. I was delighted to learn that you had enjoyed your stay here with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee recently.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Spent a weekend here with my husband, it was fab lovely air conditioned room food was excellent , the staff were all very helpful and friendly, great pool small but did the purpose the gym looked great ( never used it) would deffo spend another weekend break here again it was very relaxing!!!

Room Tip: Go for one with aircon!!!!

Dear Marilynaberdeen,

Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was a very pleasant hotel on the outskirts of Dundee. The facilities were all we were expecting, room was comfortable and well furnished and the service was friendly. Parking was easy and good bar area although prices a bit steep. The hotel was quite difficult to find at first, a sharp turning off a very busy dual carriageway but the place itself was quiet.

Dear B_F562,