“A weekend break”

Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Dundee
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
“A weekend break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Spent a weekend here with my husband, it was fab lovely air conditioned room food was excellent , the staff were all very helpful and friendly, great pool small but did the purpose the gym looked great ( never used it) would deffo spend another weekend break here again it was very relaxing!!!

Room Tip: Go for one with aircon!!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
DoubletreeDundee, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Marilynaberdeen,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor comment and for providing us with your valued feedback. I was delighted to learn that you had enjoyed your stay here with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee recently.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee in the near future and, in the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do let me know.

Richard Ellison,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Beverley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was a very pleasant hotel on the outskirts of Dundee. The facilities were all we were expecting, room was comfortable and well furnished and the service was friendly. Parking was easy and good bar area although prices a bit steep. The hotel was quite difficult to find at first, a sharp turning off a very busy dual carriageway but the place itself was quiet.

Dear B_F562,

Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

This hotel on the outskirts of Dundee was previously called the Landmark and always impressed me with its welcoming atmosphere. Well since its change to the Double Tree Hilton, the truly Scottish welcome has remained the same - especially at breakfast time when you get a warm and genuine "good morning" in the restaurant. In fact the same friendliness applied throughout my short stay but is also matched by efficiency and an excellent standard of service
If you are into real ales (as I am) then you could get a Thrappledouser (Scottish for thirst quencher) beer supplied from the Inveralmond brewery down the road. It's an excellent Scottish beer and on draught - worth a try for visitors - as is the haggis at breakfast time ( it's delicious with scrambled egg and a dollop of tomato sauce).
My room was very comfortable although if being really fussy I did notice a lack of freshness in the air, but everything was spotlessly clean and the bed very comfortable.
The Double Tree has an excellent location - tucked back from the main road - and the perfect stopping off place for going north up the east coast of Scotland.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Bouncebacktennis,

leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Nice hotel-great and attentive staff.Food fine,room allocation not great.Overall,would stay again.Location ideal for exploring the area. Restaurant very well serviced with attentive and helpful staff-nice touch was the male pianist and singer-especially as it was his first night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Dear David T,

Preston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Date of Stay 12.08.13

Stayed at the Hilton East Midlands Airport last week and this hotel makes that seem like a Travel Lodge.

From the team on reception to the ladies in the restaurant at breakfast this morning the service was excellent. The two Scottish ladies in the restaurant, somewhat senior in years to the other restaurant staff were quite simply brilliant.

King Deluxe room had a nice deep bath, walk in shower and great views of the garden.

While this stay was on a business trip, I would not hesitate to use this hotel for personal use.

Room Tip: Room 123; deluxe King room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear wallace62,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor comment and for providing us with your valued feedback. I was delighted to learn that you had enjoyed your stay here with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee recently and that our restaurant staff in particular made your stay one to remember!

Shrewsbury
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Great location for a stayover, staff very helpful, room very clean & spacious, bar area & meal lovely. However, our room contained an ancient air conditioning system that needed to be turned off if we were to have any sleep. One of the reasons we chose the hotel was for the pool & disappointed that we had to pay to use it.

Dear MrsK-J149,

We take great pride in meeting, and indeed exceeding, our guests’ expectations and your comments will be shared with our team so that they know how much you appreciated their efforts. I am however, sorry to learn that your stay was less than fully satisfactory due to the air conditioning system within the room. I apologise that, on this occasion, you were disappointed with your stay.

Kinross, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

We planned a trip / overnight stay in Dundee , and the hotel was nice , but meant a £10 taxi fare each way to the centre , so a little bit isolated . Nice if you don't mind driving , but as we'd planed a few drinks / meal etc you have no other choice apart of course from staying put , but then you wouldn't experience Dundee ..

Dear donmag520,