“pleasantly surprised”

Best Western Queens Hotel
Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Dundee
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This hotel was booked for me by my company. Having seen some of the reviews, I was a bit dubious about it. However, my experience of this hotel was excellent. Free parking right in the city centre. Friendly and helpful staff. Nice room, with comfortable bed and all facilities. Free wi-fi which worked well. Excellent food in "Nosey Parker's" in evening, and a good breakfast next morning. Helpfully able to have a late checkout at no extra cost, and park all day until after my meeting. What's not to like?

Room Tip: I was ion 2nd floor, with a corner window. Wifi was fine there.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Travelled to Dundee and needed somewhere to sleep. Friendly and helpful staff, room is a bit drab, but bed is quite comfortable. Wifi didn't reach the room, which was clean and alarm. Parked for the rest of the day, convenient for my purpose.

Good breakfast, set you up for the day

Will book again

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night in October 2013, by myself.
I chose this hotel as it is close to the University, that I had an event to attend.
On arrival first impression was very good. Inside looked very up-market and grand. Check in was very easy and quick.
However the receptionist informed me I was in room 202, however never told me directions how to get there. (no mention where stairs was and if there was a lift or not).
On arrival in the room I had mixed feelings. The room was tastefully decorated, and had everything one requires.
However on the window ledge there was a half drunken bottle of cola, which had been left behind by a previous resident. Also the window had a large crack on it.
As only staying 1 night, and had a busy afternoon and evening, I just ignored the faults and headed out for the events ahead.
When I returned in evening, went for a shower ect.
The bathroom was extremely clean, cannot fault the cleanliness in that room. Whenever I travel I always take my own washing gel's. This provided to be a good thing as the soap in bath/shower was empty.
Had a great night sleep, bed very comfy.
Breakfast in the morning is highly recommended. It is all buffet, yogurts, cereals, toast ect.
Then a selection of cooked items.
Overall a good hotel, minor faults, but still serves the purpose.

Room Tip: Don't book direct with best western as more expensive book through trip advisor ect
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I received a warm welcome on check in, good car park to rear of hotel, room and bathroom clean, TV some what small, heating on all night made it a little warm once in bed thou, breakfast was fine, good selection and hot. Close to City centre all shops within walking distance of hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2013

No Internet connection, noisy vents, creaky floors, creaky bed, uncaring staff, bad breakfast, broken shower............... We checked out a day early even though we had already paid for it. Some staff were helpful but the reception staff could not care less. The room was warm, that is the best thing I can say about this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
1  Thank DougPG
Reviewed October 23, 2013

nice staff easy parking and right by other restaurants and bars if you need them. The room was clean and practical and the restaurant food good as was the bar food. Both reasonably priced for a city hotel.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank smarty36
Reviewed October 22, 2013

One night, child free stay with my husband expecting to get lots of sleep, unfortunately was not to be! Woken at 4am by fire alarm and had to evacuate the building till around 5 am. Staff were good though and kept us up to date with events (apparently the gallery next door was the cause, alarms seem to be connected) tired the next morning but it didn't spoil a nice stay.
Hotel very central for shops and attractions in dundee and the free car park was good, plenty of spaces.
Rooms were clean and well decorated. Plenty of tea and coffee and shortbread. We were on the second floor facing the water and with a lovely view of the Discovery ship, quite quiet though we did hear a bottles clinking at 6.30, either a delivery or collection.
Breakfast was lovely, plenty of choice and food was hot, the chef brought out fresh bacon, eggs etc regularly.
No complaints and we would definitely visit again!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple