Best Western Dundee Woodlands Hotel
$55
  • Breakfast included
$89
Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa(Dundee)(Great Value!)
$65
DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee(Dundee)(Great Value!)
$60
Travelocity
$39
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Dundee Centre Hotel(Dundee)(Great Value!)
$71
PremierInn.com
$134
All reviewsbroughty ferrynew wingleisure facilitiesleisure clubswimming poolsteam roomhigh teawedding partylovely hotelquiet areaboth nightsdinner menugood sizepleasant staybuffet styleporridgebusiness trip
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I had 56 guests at my birthday party and have had rave reviews from all of them. The decor was lovely and the service was excellent. We stayed 3 nights and 29 of the guests stayed at least one or two nights. Our sons, wives and children stayed in interconnecting family rooms and the rest of us in double rooms. We all met at breakfast after the party and all enjoyed another chat in the breakfast rooms. I had a facial at Indulgence which was very relaxing and many of us enjoyed the pool, sauna and steam room. The preparation of the party was handled in an excellent way by Jenny Young. Nothing was a problem and everything went fantastically well. We had a smaller family party on the Friday in the Library dining room and it was delicious and put us in the mood for the big party the following day. All in all highly recommended. Thank you

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I went with my sisters to a birthday lunch at this hotel. The Woodlands is a well established hotel in Broughty Ferry, Dundee. The grounds are lovely,tree lined and with a large car park. The interior is well furnished and the dining room pleasantly appointed. The menu is homely I would say but this adds to the pleasure of eating here..Favourites like fish and chips,which I chose as my main, were listed alongside steak pie, chicken, pasta dishes etc. My fish was delicious, one of the best I have ever eaten, and the portion was huge for me. The chips were crispy and fluffy inside. Being a Scottish restaurant, the salmon main which one of my sisters had, was delicious as was my starter of smoked salmon. The service was excellent and the wine and coffee also good. The waiters brought out the birthday cake, and joined in Happy Birthday! Altogether, a very pleasant afternoon.

Room Tip: Visit website and see rooms for yourself, they are all well appointed .
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed here whilst working away from home, but I am reviewing this as if I were paying the bill, the hotel was clean and front of desk helpful, I had arrived from a long journey and went to the bar to get a drink and a bar of chocolate, there was only one choice of chocolate at the bar and when I asked if there were others I was told straight away that was all they had..... strange when I walked through the bar for dinner later that evening there was a larger choice!! sorry just a petty gripe but the bar staff could have been more helpful.
The room: very dated, the double bed was two singles together and the pillows were without doubt the most uncomfortable I have had anywhere, but the room was very clean and the wifi was good and quick, fast enough to watch a streamed football match.
The restaurant: sorry to say this was no highlight to my stay most of the food seemed to be bought frozen and fried to order.
Saying all of this I think the place was ok value for money and ok for a night away from home whilst working but I may have to think twice if it was my own money in my own time.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank daneworth
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

myself, my husband. & 2 friends stayed here because we stayed here in December for a party night which was brilliant and the rooms were brilliant so my husband wanted to stay here for his birthday. It turns out there is an old part and new part to the hotel unfortunately for us we got the old rooms which although nice enough aren't a patch on th new rooms. The room was Very small and had crumbs on the floor when we went in. The shower is just a waste of time as there is No water pressure whatsoever!! We went for a swim the pool is small but tidy enough the ladies changing rooms are in need of a revamp the showers are so high up it took forever to wash my hair.
However we had our dinner in the restaurant and the food was spectacular and the staff couldn't do enough for you. Breakfast was great and everything was hot and fresh even at 9.45.
If you are booking this hotel do it in plenty of time as they have loads of functions on and ask for a room in the new part.. All in all a great hotel if you stay in the great rooms but average if you don't.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights during February when travel was disrupted due to snow. Fortunately the facilities in the hotel kept us occupied. The pool, gym, sauna and steam room were very well maintained and very clean.

The room was very clean and had everything that we needed for a comfortable stay. The staff are very courteous and attentive. The breakfasts were delicious and many options are cooked to order. May have benefitted from a range of light snacks in the bar during the evening, although meals from the restaurant menu were available.

Excellent train service from Broughty Ferry to Dundee allowed us to shop in spite of the snow!

Will use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Our room was in the new wing on the ground floor. It was quiet with open outlook onto grass area but pump from pool could be heard in early morning if light sleeper.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple