“Fantastic "extra mile" service”

Best Western Dundee Invercarse Hotel
Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Dundee
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I travelled to Dundee on the evening of 28 January 2014 and my sat nav was saying my ETA was going to be around 9pm. As I thought this could be around "last orders" in the restaurant I telephoned the hotel to enquire.

I was greeted by a very friendly receptionist who sympathised with my situation and said she would have a word with the restaurant and explain my predicament. Again I was greeted by a very helpful young lady in the restaurant who read to me the whole menu and let me make my choices. She commented that this would be no problem and she would inform the chef and wished me a safe final leg of my journey.

I arrived at the hotel just before 9pm, checked in, dropped my bag in my room and proceeded to the restaurant. My starter arrived in minutes and was absolutely gorgeous and this was followed by the main of equal quality.

This hotel was clean, friendly, hospitable, served excellent food and I would thoroughly recommend it, just hope I get plenty more business visits to Dundee :-)

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Mark G
MartinaKidd, Owner at Best Western Dundee Invercarse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Mark,
Thankyou so much for your feedback following your recent stay with us..
I'm pleased that the staff looked after you and they will appreciate your acknowledgement.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Kind Regards
Martina Whiting
Director

Reviewed January 25, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
1  Thank AberdeenRobert
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Very nice hotel, big room, delicious breakfast (apart from the rockhard potato scone). The restaurant stayed open for us so we could have some dinner after working late, very very helpful. Staff were very pleasant, helpful and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
1  Thank Vicky G
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Having stayed here last year, with a poor experience, I was keen to see if this was a one off. Unfortunately not. Room window was left open in January - so it was freezing. Turns out this was to allow wet pain on radiator to dry.

The room was fairly clean, but felt in need of a makeover. Bathroom is basic, maybe clean enough.

I woke up with a headache as the radiator paint fumes had accumulated overnight. Just as well though, as the wake-up call that I had requested, didn't happen.

The location is good, and my booking was made by an organisation for whom I was staying on business - that's the only reason for staying again. On mentioning these problems at checkout, staff weren't particularly interested.

I like to compliment good service, unfortunately Invercarse doesn't deliver... and waking up with a headache isn't my idea of a good experience.

Room Tip: Be quick to highlight any problems early on.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank David H
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Heard hogmany parties great here so booked with friends. £50 pp was steep seeing as it seemed to be overbooked and crowded. What let it down was the food, appreciate a lot of people to see to but it really was poor. There were lots of staff on and they were obviously busy but a wee smile and not so rushed would have been better. As soon as you had finished a course the next one arrived. Obviously in a hurry to get things going but not very relaxing. Was looking forward to my glass of champagne at midnight which turned out to be prosecco and not chilled . Will give it a miss next year.

• Stayed: December 2013
MartinaKidd, Director at Best Western Dundee Invercarse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thankyou for your feedback .
I apologise that you felt the food was poor. We do strive to create an enjoyable atmosphere with quick service at a competitive price. At the Bells we do advertise that a glass of bubbly is served, which was prosecco..
We will take your comments into account when deciding what we offer next New Year
Kind Regards

Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

This is literally down the road from the hospital which makes it a really convenient place to stay if you are visiting Ninewells!! The staff here were really friendly and the hotel had a nice "homey" feel to it. The room was a tad small but not too claustrophobic.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Avoid room 105. There are pipes through the wall which gurgled loudly ALL night until I turned the heating off. Apart from that hotel is fine. Great shower and comfortable room. Staff are pleasant. I've been before and will be back but not to Room 105!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple