“Not the Same Drouthy's anymore...”
Review of Drouthy's - CLOSED

Drouthy's
Cuisines: European
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Newly refurbished bar/restaurant situated in Dundee's busy west end. With a range of dishes suited to everyone's tastes no doubt we will have something you enjoy and will come back for. We have 8 craft beers selected from your favourites and with over 35 specially selected Scottish Craft Gins. We are part of the Fullerthomson group and have 3 venues in Dundee. Our function room, Door Below can cater anything from business meetings to hen parties. You have your own private bar, your own bar tender, your own room. Your own experience. Call 01382202187 for enquiries
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Unfortunately a lot of these reviews seem to be about the old style Drouthy's that has changed hands since. Droughy's isn't all that bad but it could be a lot lot better. The drink selection is actually quite limited and very overpriced. You may find that there isn't one reasonably priced drink that you'll like (unless you like Tennents lager... I mean come on sort it out). The staff were NOT pleasant to me at all on my last visit. I used to drop in there on a night out over the last few years but not any more. I would recommend that they sort the drink selection, lower the prices a bit, get some more friendly staff to replace the ones that are rude... hope that's enough to bring the pub back tbh.

4  Thank randomtraveller1

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Love drouthys! We often go for drinks and although not a huge cocktail menu the ones that are available are all very enjoyable. Staff are lovely and although never had a meal we have snacked during drinks. The goats cheese bruschetta is fantastic, so tasty, and the hummus and olives with pitta is a great choice with a glass of wine or two. Portions are a great size too! Can become very busy at the weekend but that is to be expected. the only thing i would say is downstairs does not smell very nice at all, however this is limited to the downstairs and the upper main bar is always clean and nice. we will continue to come back, would recommend for a quite drink amongst friends or family.

1  Thank Connor3N3G
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Drouthy's burgers are easily the best in Dundee. The food, across the menu, is all really enjoyable. The beers are exceptionally good, a great range. Probably cost a little more than average but the quality shows. There's a really fantastic range of spirits, particularly rums and gins. The atmosphere is always warm and welcoming, the staff are especially pleasant.

As someone who has frequented over a good number of years, there've been some changes. The food, formerly served on good old fashioned plates has recently found itself rest on what are essentially wooden planks. That's the only annoying thing really, the wood platters seem needlessly pretentious and it can make certain dishes a messy eat.

On the whole though, the food is a really good and well-priced for the standard of the meals. The range of beers, wines and spirits would keep even the most seasoned dipsomaniac busy for a good couple of nights. So, if you're looking for high-brow pub grub (if that's even a thing) and a nice drink, you'll find it at Drouthy's.

1  Thank sapoynton
Reviewed January 22, 2013

we had our works xmas night out here just before xmas. from the start of organising it back in august right through till the end of the actual night the service was faultless. Really helpful and friendly at each contact. On the night we were really well looked after. We had downstairs booked out and they had made it look very pretty, cosy and christmassy. We were given our own barperson, who was brilliant and friendly. Food was really good quality and value for money and unlike some places at christmas time it appeared as though the chef had really put thought into it. There was a small misunderstanding re numbers of orders but this was quickly and professionally dealt with and the cost was removed from our bill without any fuss. Cheers to all at Drouthys!

1  Thank shelley m
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I went with a friend for lunch but it was a disaster from start to finish. We only ordered 2 main meals and the kitchen or the waiter managed to get them mixed up. He took them away and when he brought them back they still were not right and the waiter said that the kitchen were in meltdown ( I don't know why as it was not particularly busy when we ordered). By the time this all got sorted out the horrible thin fries were stone cold so had to take them back to the bar and by this time the burgers too were cold but I decided to eat the centre as this was the hottest and when the fries returned they were decidedly limper than our first offerings which I took to mean that they had been zapped in a microwave although not long enough to make them hot, they were still lookwarm, I gave up. One girl came past asking if everthing was okay, I replied no, she apologised then said she would inform the manager. The original waiter guy was wandering past and I asked him for a repeat drink (which I never received). After 15mins or so my friend and I had decided to go to the Tay Bridge instead for our next few drinks. When we went to pay at the bar it turned out that the waiter had added the extra drink to the total but had forgotten to give it to me. The manager took 10% of the total balance with yet more apologies. I appreciate that mistakes and errors can occur but I think what annoyed me the most was the amount of mistakes for 2 simple meals and the lack of follow up. Might I suggest that the person who takes the order, see through the process until the customers are quite happy. Shame as it is a nice place to sit and relax but there are plenty of other bars serving food on the Perth Road so I doubt that I will return to Drouthy's.

1  Thank smoothvelvet2006