“Extremely poor service”

Ranked #105 of 380 Restaurants in Dundee
Cuisines: British
“Extremely poor service”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Ordered two plates of curly fires along. side two main courses and two drinks. 50-60seconds....YES SECONDS...after ordering I asked to change one of the curly fries to chips and, extremely bluntly, was told they couldn't. When I asked why I was told it was because they were already getting cooked. I argued that I'd ordered less than a minute ago amd was asked "do tou wamt us to just chuck out the curly fries amd lose money?!"....completely unacceptable service and heard the supervisor making it in to a joke with the regulars. We planned on staying for a couple hours to meet friends there but we didn't and we'll never go back. Good move Phoenix!.........ps. the chilli was OK at best.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank ilovemyfood90

Dundee, United Kingdom
“Great pub with great food”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We were here for a pint and a burger on a Wednesday night the pub was half full with plenty of tables available.Reading a couple of the other reviews I agree you can't always get a table but that's because the pub is very popular and the food is very good.We ordered two burgers I had a dirty Harry burger and my wife had a chilli burger which she said was excellent lots of eating.We also had Ganga chips which were very very hot but worth having.The service was very good we waited about 10 minutes from ordering to food on the table.The bar staff were also very good I never had to stand at the bar to wait to be served.All round good pub food with excellent service and very reasonable value for money we will be back.

• Visited August 2013
“Crap!!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Came here for lunch as I'd heard it was good. Ordered the chilli as did my partner. We couldn't even taste the meal as it was totally over powered by the three jars of jalapeño peppers through it yuk! The staff were also rude, we watched as a customer had hot tea spilt in her hand only for the staff to stand and laugh for ages before offering to give her a "wet cloth".. Defo will not be back here.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank Snicky30
Dundee, United Kingdom
“great for a drink meeting friends and family”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

staff very friendly,did not have a meal but the menu looks good.Great place to meet friends and family

Visited July 2013
Coventry, United Kingdom
“quality bar”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

excellent bar with good quality beer and friendly staff. Food is substantial and good value for money. Very good venue for atmosphere and original décor and the barman on duty on the morning of the 3rd July has a superb sense of humour.

• Visited July 2013