“Nice thai food”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
“Nice thai food”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

After a few visits to Thailand we thought that we woul give the Mali Thai a visit. Although the food was quite good I would say that is not a patch on the meals we had in Thailand. It was quite pricey, as were the drinks, but the service was first class. Would go back but would need to save up first!!!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank teekayh63

“Delicious!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

If you love authentic Thai cousine, Mali Thai is a must. Me and my girlfriend have been a good few times now and are never disappointed. Delicious food and friendly welcoming staff.

• Visited December 2012
Dundee
“Worth a wee visit”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Have been roughly four times to the Mali Thai in the past couple of years, and the first couple of visits left much to be desired! The last two however, have been much better.

I ordered bean curd with mixed vegetables and egg fried rice, which both the most recent times was lovely. Good selection of fresh vegetables in a mild sauce, and the egg fried rice had spring onions through it, which was a nice touch. Only negative comment was that the bean curd was perhaps a tad too salty.

Décor is lovely and it's a very cosy, intimate eating space.

Service was prompt and our waitress very friendly and reassuring as a member of our party has a nut allergy.

• Visited September 2012
“Tasteful Thai”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and I had dinner here recently and thoroughly enjoyed our meal . We opted for the pre theatre three-course dinner , which was beautifully cooked . Craig , the manager , was very pleasant and welcoming and the waiting staff unobtrusive but efficient . The only detraction was the draught coming from the window beside our table . The seal requires remedial action and I would advise sitting elsewhere especially during chilly weather . We will certainly return and I would encourage you to visit this lovely restaurant .

• Visited November 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Much better!”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I was a little disappointed to be invited here by a friend celebrating her 30th birthday as the last time i had been (about 5 months ago) i was not at all impressed, however things have been much improved by new staff and i could hardly fault the food or service this time.

To be honest i have been 3 times before, twice were average to good but the third time it was very poor. We got the opportunity to talk to the owner Craig and his thai wife Jow who looked after us perfectly and answered my questions about why it was much improved.

Turns out they had a manager who was not giving the business 100%, not even 50%! That manager is now long gone and the business is now run personally by Craig and Jow. As i said we couldnt fault the food or service along with a complimentary bottle of Prosecco kindly offered by Craig. We all had starters, which we shared along with main courses too. Everybody was happy and we had a great time. Yes its quite small inside but that makes for a great lively atmosphere plus the location at the bottom of the Perth Road/Nethergate is ideal.

Anyway i guess thats about all I can say and hope things continue to improve so that my next visit will be even more enjoyable!

• Visited October 2012