“Disappointed”

Couture, cocktail bar & restaurant
Ranked #251 of 385 Restaurants in Dundee
Cuisines: Contemporary
Reviewed February 12, 2012

My partner and I went for a Sunday carvery with an Itison voucher. Firstly may I say, im glad the voucher was cheap otherwise we would have been complaining. On entering the restaurant we noticed the carvery part as we were waiting to be shown to our seat.It had several meats, roast potatoes,mashed potatoes, yorkshire puddings and one veg plate. Once we had a table we were asked which meats would we like. It appears they fill your plate for you. Not our idea of a carvery.The picture of the plate of food in the Couture website is not what you receive when the waitress brings you your plate. We noticed the chef cuts the meat (fair enough) but 2 bits carrot and 2 bits of cabbage was the veg. The mashed potatoes were extremely buttery but in all fairness the meat we chose was cooked well. One bad point we noticed was the waiter puts your potatoes and veg on the plate and when they take it to the chef for the meat to be added he was reducing some of the potatoes etc and putting them back on the carvery. Not impressed.

2  Thank alasdairuth
There are newer reviews for Couture, cocktail bar & restaurant

Reviewed February 5, 2012

I went to Couture for their Sunday carvery, the food was good and there was plenty of it. The atmosphere was good although there are 5 TVs all showing football in a very small space, the volume was low however. There was a range of different customers from families, older groups and a few couples.

Reviewed January 3, 2012

We went to Couture for a work night out in November and the food and service was excellent. We were the only people in that night so I can't comment on the service had it been busier.

Well worth a visit!

Reviewed August 29, 2010

I really enjoyed the food at this place. The menu was fairly staple stuff but what was there, was done well. However, we were the only two diners in the place that evening, so while the service was first class, the atmosphere was a bit lacking. With a few more diners to give the place a buzz, I'd have been more generous with my assessement. This is a real addition to the Ferry dining scene. Keep up the good work guys, someone appreciates you ...

1  Thank RosieFifeGirl