“Family Treat”

Ranked #35 of 386 Restaurants in Dundee
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Gulistan House founded in 1979 is a long established restaurant, cafe and takeaway located in a historic gothic church in Dundee's Broughty Ferry. It is a champion of hospitality being one of Tayside's longest established eateries of almost 40 years. It is simply the number one destination for quality and value, where a friendly and award winning experience awaits all and for every occasion. Our chefs will be pleased to prepare meals any specific taste. Customers dinnig in the restaurant are welcome to BYOB, Wine and Beer only with no corkage. Orders for collection or delivery may be placed 7 days a week via our website. We look forward to welcoming you.
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Chose this Indian food restaurant as a treat for an uncle who was visiting this part of Scotland for the first time due to the Indian representation yet was far from overwhelmed with the quality of food on this occasion which arrived on our table quite quick which lent us to think that it may have been microwave heated.

There are newer reviews for Gulistan House

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Service and venue are good. The cuisine is very average though. For a place that has been going since the 70's you'd think they'd be better. The lamb is never that melt in your mouth way that you get in a really good Indian Restaurant.

I asked for the chefs special here a few months ago, only to be told they couldn't make it. I noticed this time that it has been scored off the menu......this is poor.

Lastly, just after out main courses had been placed on the table, one of the waiters spilled a pint of cobra on the table. A lot of it went into my friends Thali, the waiter pretended not to notice this and hurried off. I'd have though that they should have at least offered to replace the meal. My friend didn't make a fuss as he didn't want to hold everyone elses meal up.

We originaly tried to book a table for Goa in the ferry, as I wasn't pleased at not hgetting the chefs' special the last time, but Goa was fully booked. Will try the Goa next time as it was good when it was Spice.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Luckily we pre-booked otherwise would have struggled to get a table (this was at .7.45) . The staff were professional, attentive and amusing . My son had the mixed starter and there was enough for us to have to have a taster or 2 ! We all ordered different dishes and all 3 impressed us ,including the huge naan bread.We will revisit on our next trip to Dundee . Great.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

We eat here a lot, often for the value high tea option (a choice of starter, main course, and coffee or ice cream for a budget price), but sometimes eat from the full menu. We last ate from the full menu earlier this month. And, as always, it was delicious. The menu is extensive, with lots of typical choices as well as more unusual ones, and my husband and I always find new things to try. And eating from the full menu has the advantage I get to have kulfi at the end of the meal!

On the downside the restaurant is gloomy, but that's a legacy of it being in a church building. But the service is friendly and attentive, the food arrives quickly, and if you are a member of their loyalty scheme you get quite sizeable discounts on the cost of eating in and takeaways.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

This place is amazing, but very busy, it offers the best of traditional indian meals aswell as british food, I enjoy the steak which is done to perfection and what way you like it cooked, prices can be a bit too high tho, but defo redommend this restaurant