“GREAT VALUE EXCELLENT FOOD”
Review of Spice - CLOSED

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 22, 2011

we are a frequent visitor of the Spice in Dundee and cannot fault the food or the service.
we have been going there for a few years now and would not go anywhere else. they always make you very welcome. we think it is the best indian restaurant in Dundee

Reviewed November 16, 2011

We recevied a voucher from Groupon to visit Spice and was the first time we had went.

The actual restaurant area was nice enough but attention to detail is required. We had a stained table cloth for example.

I ordered Lentil Soup as my starter and couldn't believe my eyes when a bowl of heated up Heinz Lentil Soup arrived. Now, I am a fussy eater and have eaten Heinz Lentil Soup for my lunch for YEARS and you can tell it a mile off. The processed potato and carrot squares kind of give the game away guys. So I was totally shocked at that. I thought it would be homemade - not fresh from a can?!?

I then had Chicken Korma and the chicken was fatty and the sauce lumpy and "bitty", not creamy and smooth at all. Tescos own Korma is actually nicer. Not much flavour and left a bit of a taste in your mouth after it.

My boyfriend had a Mixed Starter and said that was ok but nothing to shout home about but sadly I can't remember what his main was. He didn't like it however and said again, that the sauce wasn't up to much and there was little taste.

We asked for a garlic and cheese nan and again no flavour!! It was bright green with hardly and grated cheese on top and the cheese that was there wasn't even melted properly.

I then went up to the ladies and wasn't impressed by the decor and the carpet was coming away from the door which I stumbled on.

I also noticed that the atmosphere wasn't the best either with the Manager kind of hanging around staring and interupting our meal by asking if we had paid by using our Groupon voucher.

I'm honestly not being overally picky but just telling you all the points that we noticed.

I wouldn't recommend anyone to Spice but would highly recommend the Indian - Goulastan (excuse the poor spelling!) in Broughty Ferry instead which is absolutely fantastic and have the best curries I've ever tasted.

2  Thank MhairiSFR
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We went to spice for my aunties birthday party. There was 10 of us and that was no problem for the staff. They were able to accomodate us with ease, the food was excellent as i know from personal experience as i come here 2-3 times per month and i recommended my auntie to come here.

Reviewed November 8, 2011

This has to be the best Indian I have tasted. The chicken Biryani is excellent I highly recommend it.It's my regular takeaway choice as the service is very good there always within the timescale they give and the delivery guys are always freindly and chatty, the food is always sizzling ready to munch every time!!:-)

Reviewed November 7, 2011

Spice has to be the best Indian food in Dundee.
This is our usual takeaway, but went to sit in for the first time a few weeks ago, it was amazing.
Food is great, and not the usual tasteless bland sauce you get in other Indian restaurants!
Service was also very good, without being over the top and annoying!
Wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this place as the food sitting in and takeaway is great.

1  Thank llindseyk