The Grampian
Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa(Dundee)(Great Value!)
$62
$510
$72
Premier Inn Dundee North Hotel(Dundee)(Great Value!)
$72
Fisherman's Tavern Hotel(Dundee)(Great Value!)
$73
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
$62
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Premier Inn Dundee Centre Hotel(Dundee)(Great Value!)
$84
PremierInn.com
$107
$79
Premier Inn Dundee East Hotel(Dundee)(Great Value!)
$73
PremierInn.com
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Other good reviews and very presentable website led us to have high hopes for overnight stay to celebrate son's graduation at Dundee University. The welcome was very poor as the triple room for our sons which we had reserved did not materialise, despite having this being agreed the day before our arrival. Our double room was clean and attractive, with a great view. The breakfast was frankly substandard. There was no fruit option, the cereals lacked imagination and the cooked breakfast choice was smoked salmon and egg or bacon and egg. My wife asked for a fried egg and toast but received two poached eggs and the orders for the rest of us were incorrect, as it was for a neighbouring table. The portion sizes were generous and the smoked salmon very good and the coffee was excellent, but the organisation and service was poor.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Colinandsandie
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My first hotel in Scotland (stayed in 7 different hotels during my stay) left nice enough impression, however there are a few cons worth mentioning.

In general I like british / scotish hotels with that warm and homey feel. This hotel was no exception. The family room with two double beds was nice, spacious and well decorated. Beds were comfortable with plenty pillows to go by. The breakfast (eggs with salmon, plus cornflakes with milk or juice) was delicious and plentiful. The manager / owner of hotel was welcoming and helpful. Easy on-street parking outside. Nice view from dining room overlooking the river Tay.

The bigest con - the shower. Without doing anything the water went from numbingly cold to scalding hot and back again, so taking shower was quite long and interesting experience. Also we were 4 friends staying in family room and there was just one shower gel for us, but later we stayed in hotels with just soap for basic toiletries, so I guess one shower gel is better than nothing.

The other con would be the electricity. Two light-bulbs were missing from main chandelier, so the occupants of one of the beds would have to rely on bedside lamps. However just one lamp was working properly. The lamp on my side of the bed was unplugged and her cord was too short to plug her on my friend's side. Also hoping to turn on my bedside lamp I looked under the bed and there were quite big bundles of dust visible. I am definitely not a freak of cleanliness, but since the beds were high enough, in my opinion it's not very hard to clean under the beds as well.

To summarize, despite few cons, mentioned above, hotel was nice enough, worth the money and would recommend, when staying in Dundee.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Just outside Dundee but 5 mins walk to nice restaurants. Easy on-street parking outside.
A nice old house with views of the river. Well presented, well decorated. A good price, a warm welcome, a spotlessly clean room, a comfortable bed, a great breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The Grampian is one of those very special places where you feel you've not only had a great stay, but also made a real friend. Heather is wonderful; despite a staffing problem (not her fault, and most unusual) she stayed smiling, and was most welcoming to a group who arrived MUCH too early with LOADS of luggage. (I'd have growled at them!)
I was given a wonderful welcome, my room (overlooking the Tay - a beautiful view!) was spotless, and my salmon and scrambled egg delicious. It's an easy walk to the centre, and if you walk along the Perth Road there are some interesting little shops along the way.

Room Tip: The rooms looking out towards the Tay have a fabulous view, but there is traffic on the Perth road below if you're sensitive to noise,
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Vivs45
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I had a great night stay in the Grampian Hotel. Heather was very welcoming and accommodating. The hotel is beautiful inside and very clean. We had a night out in Dundee which was a short taxi ride away. Will definitely be back if I ever need a bed for the night in Dundee again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends