“Lovely food”

Bridgeview Station Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 374 Restaurants in Dundee
Cuisines: European, British, Scottish, Gastropub
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Set on Dundee’s prominent waterfront and housed within an iconic Victorian railway station, Bridgeview Station Café-restaurant boasts unparalleled panoramic views over the Tay estuary and aims to set a new standard for casual dining within the city. Nominated for two Architectural awards, Bridgeview Station was based on the original design of Dundee’s old Magdalen Green Railway Station and was constructed over 6 years with no expense spared, using local skilled tradesmen.
Colchester, Essex
“Lovely food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Everything cooked from scratch in restaurant. Good quality food cooked well. Very popular so booking may be necessary. Will be going back again.

Visited August 2013

Wales
“Excellent little place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Went for lunch at this little restaurant with family whilst on holiday. Really super place- looks like a cafe at a first glance (albeit a very nice cafe!) but the food is something else. We had 'sandwiches' for lunch- these were very nice sandwiches, such as pulled pork, steak, etc on lovelt thick toasted bread. Served with amazing thick cut homemade chips, presented beautifully in mini mock chip-pans! But the desserts- they were out of this world and of a class you'd associate with a much pricier place. Worth going for the dessert menu alone!

Was quite a busy little place, we were there as it got going at 12 and service was great but they did seem to be slowing up a bit by the time we left as the place was packed out by then- as you would expect in a little gem like this.

• Visited July 2013
Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Visited on an off chance one lunchtime. Soup and sandwich was good but not amazing as others had told me. Service as expected. Ok can't complain but not as wonderful as others state.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank mrsozzy1
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Excellent service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

I booked a table for two on Saturday morning for that evening without a problem although have in the past been unable to get a table as fully booked. It's a lovely restaurant with a very nice view across the water. Regarding our food, I had beer battered haddock with chips and wasn't disappointed. My dinner date ordered a chicken dish, which I felt wasn't quite a main meal size but he assured me it was lovely.

We were served by a friendly girl who was informative on the dishes and seemed to enjoy her work which comes across in her excellent service.

Will definitely go back!

• Visited October 2012
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
“Family Sunday lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

I visited here with my family last Sunday, my 88 year old Dad, husband and 9 year old daughter, as well as my brother and sister-in-law.

We were welcomed by a lovely waitress who seated us immediately, and from there it just got better.

The service was fantastic, by two lovely girls who were charming, attentive and very bubbly and really let you think that nothing was too much trouble.

The food was excellent, I had the mackerel starter, when it can I was a bid disappointed at how small it was, however, it tasted amazing!! The rest of my party had either the fishcake or the soup and all commented on how lovely they were (fishcake is huge!)

For mains, most had the fish and chips and I opted for the burger, again both dishes were awesome.

For pudding we had the ice cream and the cheesecake - both delicious.

It's not often that everyone in our party is happy with all three of their courses, but here we all were!

It was a lovely day and the setting is beautiful, with the restaurant having lots of glass to make best use of the lovely view.

All in all we had a lovely lunch, and will certainly be returning.

Only downside I would say is that there could possibly be a bit more of a choice on the menu, as it is quite limited, however, that said, the quality is definitely there.

First class and a big thank you to all the staff as we were there quite close to closing time and was never made to feel rushed at all.

• Visited August 2013