“Fantastic potential, just not quite there yet.”

Bridgeview Station Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 387 Restaurants in Dundee
Cuisines: European, Scottish, British, Gastropub
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Set on Dundee’s prominent waterfront and housed within an iconic Victorian railway station, Bridgeview Station Café-restaurant boasts unparalleled panoramic views over the Tay estuary and aims to set a new standard for casual dining within the city. Nominated for two Architectural awards, Bridgeview Station was based on the original design of Dundee’s old Magdalen Green Railway Station and was constructed over 6 years with no expense spared, using local skilled tradesmen.
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My partner and I had a lovely meal here last weekend when visiting Dundee for the evening to see a play. All of our food was delicious. We ordered the mushroom ravioli and pheasant in parma ham to start, my pheasant was tender and moist, and the ravioli was delicious. For our mains we had the Gnocchi, which was light and flavoursome, and the pork belly, which was crisp on top and tender underneath-super. To finish we had the Golden Delicious Mille Feuille- light and sweet with lovely crumbly pastry, and the Scottish Cheese Board, which had a good selection of cheeses and was served with plenty of oatcakes. The restraunt had a nice atmosphere and the view was great. The service was fine, our waitress was very friendly and looked after us, however we were not offered any kind of drinks menu when we sat down, and our coffee order took ages and arrived after we'd finished our desserts,although we'd ordered it to come at the same time as we were in a bit of a rush to get to the play. It was a shame that there were no side dishes offered, as although we certainly had enough to eat I feel some of the dishes would be complimented by a nice selection of sides, for example I would have liked some kind of potato dish to mop up the tasty sauce that came with my pork. Although my cheeseboard was lovely, I wasn't offered any kind of description of what the cheeses were, and even though I had loads of oatcakes, they were the small fat kind, so I ran out of oatcakes before I'd finished my cheese (perhaps, the thinner but wider kind would be more suitable?), and I wasn't offered a fork so ended up with cheesey fingers finishing the cheese.
Also (and this is us really picking holes here, but we felt these issues let the place down, and enjoyed our meal so much we'd really like to see the place thrive) we were surprised to be given paper napkins, I know this sounds fussy but with the decor and surroundings it seemed a bit odd to have paper napkins alongside the lovely trendy slate placemats, and although the staff were generally all well presented in white shirts and black trousers, there was a member of staff in jeans, which looked unprofessional next to everyone else, and again just seemed a bit odd compared to the rest of the staff.
We really enjoyed our meal here and look forward to returning in the future.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

My husband visited Bridgeview Station on our way back to Glasgow. My husband ordered the fish and chips, I narrowed my selection down to the steak baguette or the rump steak with confit chicken. There was no mention of any carbs in the description of the rump & chicken and I asked my husband if he thought it would come with chips "Aye of course it will!" was his response..it didn't and I had to nick a couple of his. This was the only negative we had. Everything was delicious and great value for money! Can't wait to return the next time we visit Dundee!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

My daughter and I stopped in by chance yesterday lunchtime. I have driven past many many times but decided to try instead of going into usual chains etc in centre of town. I was not disappointed. The venue itself has great decore, clean and fresh, ( inc the washrooms which is kind of a thing I always check! ) View over the tay was gorgeous with the sun streaming throught the windows.
The staff were all polie and friendly , and the place was filling up with reservations at 12:00 on a Tuesday which tells me it must be good.
We both had the soup & sandwich combo which I can say is the best I have ever had. The soup was perfect, bread fresh and the chicken on my sandwich and pulled pork on my daughter's was amazing.
This is a great wee place, and the cost was good at 6.95 for the lunch each.
There was a wider selection of full meals and if we were hungrier and had time would def love to try as by the standard of the food we had it can only be better.
Thank-you to all for a lovely wee visit and will recommend to friends and family.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Very pleasant restaurant, service was great, nice atmosphere, lovely views and most of all everyone enjoyed there meals. Definately would recommend to anyone.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Excellent breakfast at the Bridgeview. Strongly recommend the porridge - very creamy! - and the full Scottish breakfast was just right, obviously freshly cooked. Good coffee.