“On the whole, very good!”

Bridgeview Station Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 376 Restaurants in Dundee
Cuisines: British, Scottish, European, Gastropub
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Kids, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Set on Dundee’s prominent waterfront and housed within an iconic Victorian railway station, Bridgeview Station Café-restaurant boasts unparalleled panoramic views over the Tay estuary and aims to set a new standard for casual dining within the city. Nominated for two Architectural awards, Bridgeview Station was based on the original design of Dundee’s old Magdalen Green Railway Station and was constructed over 6 years with no expense spared, using local skilled tradesmen.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“On the whole, very good!”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

My husband visited Bridgeview Station on our way back to Glasgow. My husband ordered the fish and chips, I narrowed my selection down to the steak baguette or the rump steak with confit chicken. There was no mention of any carbs in the description of the rump & chicken and I asked my husband if he thought it would come with chips "Aye of course it will!" was his response..it didn't and I had to nick a couple of his. This was the only negative we had. Everything was delicious and great value for money! Can't wait to return the next time we visit Dundee!

Perthshire
“Perfect Lunch - a real gem”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My daughter and I stopped in by chance yesterday lunchtime. I have driven past many many times but decided to try instead of going into usual chains etc in centre of town. I was not disappointed. The venue itself has great decore, clean and fresh, ( inc the washrooms which is kind of a thing I always check! ) View over the tay was gorgeous with the sun streaming throught the windows.
The staff were all polie and friendly , and the place was filling up with reservations at 12:00 on a Tuesday which tells me it must be good.
We both had the soup & sandwich combo which I can say is the best I have ever had. The soup was perfect, bread fresh and the chicken on my sandwich and pulled pork on my daughter's was amazing.
This is a great wee place, and the cost was good at 6.95 for the lunch each.
There was a wider selection of full meals and if we were hungrier and had time would def love to try as by the standard of the food we had it can only be better.
Thank-you to all for a lovely wee visit and will recommend to friends and family.

Dundee, United Kingdom
“Best Sirloin Steak Baguette Ever!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Very pleasant restaurant, service was great, nice atmosphere, lovely views and most of all everyone enjoyed there meals. Definately would recommend to anyone.

• Visited February 2013
Oxford
“Excellent breakfast”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Excellent breakfast at the Bridgeview. Strongly recommend the porridge - very creamy! - and the full Scottish breakfast was just right, obviously freshly cooked. Good coffee.

Stirling
“A great find”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

After a freezing cold walk along the Tay the warmth of the Bridgeview Station came as welcome relief. A friendly reception from the waiting staff set the tone for what was a lovely few hours. Comfortable and with great views across the Tay, there's nothing ostentatious here. Just pleasant surroundings and a relaxing atmosphere in which to enjoy a meal.

Before the starters we were treated to some home made olive bread - a very nice touch.

For starters we had the mushroom soup and the fishcake. Both were very tasty. Well presented and a treat for the tastebuds the starters were incredibly good.

For the main course we ordered the gnocchi with butternut squash and the beer battered fish and chips. Again both meals were of a very high standard. The fish was fresh and the chips were extra special - hand cut with the skins left on. My only small criticism was the way in which the fish and chips was served, in a basket with a very small pool of oil at the bottom where the batter hadn't quite been drained. Overall it was a very enjoyable main course meeting with both our approvals.

As for the sweet it was like being in pudding heaven! An absolute treat! We ordered the rhubarb and ginger puree with ice cream and another ice cream with a meringue/biscuit type bake (a vague description I know). But trust me it was seriously delicious!!!

The food is cooked from scratch so there is a tiny wait between courses but for dishes of such a high standard this is fine. The wait isn't long. The drinks were served promptly. The portion sizes were just right. We left feeling comfortably replete.

Having e-mailed the Bridgeview Station with regards to the way the fish and chips was served the response was positive. A previous diner had made a similar observation and as a result the fish from now on will be drained of as much oil as possible before being served up. And if one prefers to have the fish and chips served on a plate instead of in a basket just let the waiting staff know.

Would we recommend the Bridgeview Station - absolutely! Comfortable surroundings, friendly waiting staff, good value for money and above all, delicious meals made from fresh ingredients cooked from scratch.

A restaurant that does Dundee proud!

3 Thank NRPStirling