“Bridgeview station-don;t miss the train !”

Bridgeview Station Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 397 Restaurants in Dundee
Cuisines: European, Scottish, British, Gastropub
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Set on Dundee’s prominent waterfront and housed within an iconic Victorian railway station, Bridgeview Station Café-restaurant boasts unparalleled panoramic views over the Tay estuary and aims to set a new standard for casual dining within the city. Nominated for two Architectural awards, Bridgeview Station was based on the original design of Dundee’s old Magdalen Green Railway Station and was constructed over 6 years with no expense spared, using local skilled tradesmen.
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Over the xmas and new period I visited BRIDGEVIEW on three occasions.
This is a real treat.
The cooking is superb ,service efficient and friendly.

All dishes are a work of art.
Food is cooked to order so be patient and enjoy a glass of wine !
If you are pushed for time let staff know

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Here's a surprise....i used to go here to enjoy fine food, look out the window gazing at an old Lambretta LD. Those were the days! Now? I still go regularly to the Bridgeview,the food is still great but the Lambretta is gone!
I have never had a bad meal here. There have been some grumpy faced staff from time to time,and some average customer service, this is the only downside.
The food is excellent, the portions have however got smaller in the last year or so, but are still of the highest quality.
Easily the best food in Dundee.
The Bridgeview is trying something different, it's working, well done.....but what happened to the Lambretta?!

TheStationMaster, Manager at Bridgeview Station Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

The for your kind review ModStu64.

We still have the old Lambretta!!!, the elements that are the Scottish weather meant that we've had to tuck it away in Storage for the time being, perhaps it will make a return at some point you never know.

Kind Regards

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We (four of us) had a pre-theatre treat in this great restaurant. This was my second visit, my friends' first, and we were all well pleased. Having noted the desserts on my last visit, I was careful to skip the starter with an eye to saving some space for pud and was I glad I did (but more of that later!)
We were offered an unusual but tasty pre-starter of brioche with black-pudding crumbs - sounds weird, and looked a bit like a savoury chelsea bun, but what a surprise! Delicious! I then had the lamb, tender juicy and delicious, with pea puree and sweet potato fondant. The whole thing was unctuant, and a bit like a cuddle from the inside! My friends were equally pleased with their choices. A (very slight) criticism is that the meal wasn't as warm as it could have been, although it wasn't so cool as to be a problem. Then the dessert I had saved myself for! It was a rich (Mr Moneybags rich) ganache of chocolate with a sweet, moist pistachio cake offset perfectly by a good dollop of creme fraiche sorbet. The ganache was garnished with a ribbon of cranberry jelly (I had expected actual cranberries, so this added dimension was a bonus). The sorbet was so good that I searched out a recipe to try at home later.
The bill for four of us (2 courses each, two with drinks, two without), including coffee, came to £80. Major bargain for cooking of this quality!!
It was early evening, so the restaurant was quiet, but I would suggest that an investment in a decent extractor fan wouldn't go amiss: the smell of chips when you walk in is less than enticing (I had noticed this on my last visit, too), and gives quite the wrong impression of this excellent restaurant.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

My son took me here for lunch just after Christmas 2012 as a treat. Altlhough it was busy inside, we were shown to our table by a friendly and competent waiter.The waitress took our drink order and returned for our food order. Although the choice wasn't vast it was sufficient for lunch. We both had soup of the day (mushroom and rosemary) and a sandwich. I felt that a choice of soup would have been better but nonetheless we did enjoy the one on offer. My son had the cheese and chive sandwich while I had chicken (both had much fancier names than this however, which was perhaps a touch pretentious). There was no choice of bread - I normally only eat brown. The bread was of the white, thick, rustic variety and I found mine to be adequate, if a touch on the dry side, but tasty enough. The restaurant is clean, the service is good and the views over the River Tay are incredible. However I was disappointed that my favourite wine (White Zinfandel) was not available. Rose wines are now incredibly popular and there really is no excuse for an establishment of this calibre not having it in stock however I would happily eat here again and would recommend it to others.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Absolutely loved my recent visit to Bridgeview Station. We went for a birthday celebration, and everything was first class from start to finish.
I chose the Seabass with mussel chowder to start, nice and light, very zippy and refeshing, decorated by some fantastic herbs (sorrel?), then i plumped for the Burger and chips. I really liked being asked how I would like my burger cooked, a nice touch, as I like it medium rare, so it is nice and juicy.
I don't know how I managed dessert, but the dark chocolate ganache, accompanied my pistachio cake & creme fraiche sorbet was to die for, true indulgence!!
Very nice and polite staff, seemed to enjoy working there and take great pride in the food and service, which was noticed. Well done, you have a very good thing going here!
see you soon!