“good for starters”

Taza Indian Buffet
Ranked #20 of 389 Restaurants in Dundee
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Taza has serving fresh Indian food since 2003. We are well known in the community for our constantly changing menu thanks to our time served, formally trained Chefs from India and Pakistan. We have a relaxed and friendly style of service which is appreciated by all. Taza comfortably dines around 150 people at a time so if you have a large group or family gathering we are the perfect venue; combined with the hassle free facility of a buffet rather than ordering and waiting on food, Taza is the easiest and mot pleasurable dining experience.
Reviewed July 1, 2013

my wife and I went on a monday which was £11.99 each plus drinks £2.60 each we found the starters to be good choice and quite tasty but when we went for the main it was not good my wife had the chicken tikka masala which tasted like tomatoes I had the chicken korma that was not up to much either have tasted better a korma is meant to be creamy , there was a good selection of sweets but would take a lot for us to go back to taza. Also this is meant to be an indian resaurant please play indian music instead of thumping music .

Taza R, General Manager at Taza Indian Buffet, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

We appreciate your review and are happy that you visited us. The drink you purchsed at that size would have been a pint sized one and while several hundred people have our Korma and Tikka Masala every week without any issue, we cannot of course cater for all preferences. Everyone has a different palate. With regards to the music, we do not adhere to the stereotypical Indian restaurant theme. This is evident in our decor too. We conducted extensive surveys in the past and found that whatever music we played, some people loved it and others hated it.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I've been to the taza loads of times and I have to say I've never been disappointed! Being a vegetarian it's sometimes hard to get a good selection, but at taza I'm spoiled for choice. We visit regularly and it's great value for money. The only complaint is that the service is sometimes slow regarding drinks.

Thanks for the great review, we will be discussing the drinks service at our next meeting, on the most part drinks are delivered quite speedily but there are occasions when we fall behind due to demand.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

If I went back to this place I would only have the starters. They were good. The mains are a let down and to be honest please excuse me for saying this, but I would question the freshness of most the mains. Dont look too fresh, I may be wrong but thats my opinion. Overall decor ok, friendly staff. Priced right but if looking for a posh meal try elsewhere.

1  Thank Arfan K
Taza R, General Manager at Taza Indian Buffet, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thanks for the review. We are sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the mains and desserts, we certainly appreciate that people from different parts of the UK are used to different styles of cooking and flavours, we are however probably the most frequented indian restaurant in Dundee and our food suits the tastes of many. Is our food fresh, yes it is, as we are busy enough to have to keep a constant supply coming to the buffet to keep it topped up. A lot of our business is over lunch and early evening so we recommend these times to ensure maximum freshness. We're very glad you enjoyed the starters, they're easy to get carried away with and leave little room for other course.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

As my title indicates, this is what i would call a Ronseal restaurant, "It does exactly what it says on the tin" The food is adequate for the price, but wont win any awards. However i wouldn't call this a bad thing. For cheap and cheerful Indian dining this is ideal but i would call it a special occasion, romantic dining.

Taza R, General Manager at Taza Indian Buffet, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to review.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Been there several times with my girlfriend and kids, the staff are very good with children. Always find us a table right away with a child seat. Service for drinks or any clearing up of plates is excellent. Always keeping tables and areas clear as customers leave. The food is always great as i enjoy indian and desserts are acceptable for the price. I would visit again and again.

Taza R, General Manager at Taza Indian Buffet, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

What can we say...we love you too!