“Great place to eat.”

Beefeater Dundee Centre
Ranked #80 of 488 Restaurants in Dundee
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I eat here often. Great location and a great place to eat. They have a cheaper option menu and a regular menu with enough choice. I have had a sirloin steak quite often and it's been brilliant. We usually have Marius as our waiter and he is great. Very attentive and very helpful. Meals can take time but I would rather that than they be frozen food reheated in the microwave. If there is a problem they will deal with it. Mind you I have seen people go there and argue so that they get something for free. It's obvious! Will definitely go back

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (362)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Maybe I am starting out with high expectations. The food was good the service was shocking to the point I felt like an inconvenience ignored waiters not bothered. Not asked how my meal was just not bothered at all. Waste of money avoid please there are better places.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Been here many times for breakfast and dinner and always happy with the food and service, staff are very friendly and atmosphere of the restaurant is great. View of across the Tay river is amazing.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Came here for my brother-in-law's 65th birthday so we were a large party. Most of us had some cause for complaint but I am only going to talk about my 5 people.

Firstly, the "Surf n Turf" platter. The only "Surf" element of this was the calamari so you'd expect this to be a highlight of the plate. No, it was the worst calamari I'd ever seen. Three small thick pieces with a small pile of burnt empty bits. It shouldn't have left the kitchen. I complained to one of the waiters who brought us a little bowl of some more but again, even combined with what was on the plate, was far less than I'd expect and too overcooked. Very unpleasant. The wedges had blackened skin and the chicken and chorizo skewer was overcooked and tiny - two of the chorizo slices were actually black.

Then onto the mains. My wife and one of our foster kids ordered fillet steak and asked for it to be well done (I know...shameful). The waitress was quite insistent that they'd be better off ordering sirloin as the fillet is SO thick that no matter how well done it is, the middle will be pink. My wife and the kid relented and insisted on fillet. It arrived...tiny and thin. Much thinner than I'd even expect the sirloin to be. Pathetic.

Onto mine. I ordered the Lobster Stack Burger. A double burger with a piece of battered lobster on top. I made a point of asking for the triple cooked chips but it arrived with skinny fries so I sent it back and it arrived with the correct chips swiftly enough. The photo on the menu shows quite clearly a piece of battered lobster the same size as the burger. The reality was less than the size of a £2 coin and I'd say only 2/3 of that was actual lobster. Tiny and pathetic. A real cheek to serve this. And this wasn't an anomaly as at least 3 others at the table had the same with the same paltry size of lobster.

To be fair, the burgers themselves were delicious although the lower of mine had black bits on it which I thought would just be burnt from being cooked but realised when I was looking at the menu that it was the cheese slice...

The sweet was fine, the service was ok although at the end although we'd agreed with management that we'd be splitting the bill but we had 40% off vouchers the waiter said we couldn't do that and ended up having to get the manager and it took about 5 to 10 minutes for each person to have their total worked out.

So, overall, I won't be back here in a hurry.

Final point. Table next to us were complaining about terrible service, and the excuse of being busy was being bandied about in general. However, this was a Saturday night and the restaurant was far from being full. I dread to think how bad it'd be if it was really busy.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Came here after a visit to the discovery next door. The starters took over an hour to arrive and the service was really slow. The order for one of our main meals was wrong so the waitress took it back to the kitchen to fix it....it never came back which left one member of our party leaving without a main meal!! Very little apology given, no discount offered and the manager didn’t appear to care. The kids meals were also poor, over cooked and came with only about 4 or 5 skinny fries on the side. Spent about 3 hours in total here for what I would call a very average meal (and no meal for some!). Save yourself the time, hassle and eat somewhere nicer.