“Lovely” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chambers Coffee House & Restaurant - CLOSED

Chambers Coffee House & Restaurant
Cuisines: British, American, Cafe, Scottish
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Chambers is an independently owned, double award winning restaurant. Located in the cultural quarter of Dundee, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our friendly staff provide excellent service, our food is freshly prepared by our chefs in house. A great selection of home baking is made daily on site
Dundee, Scotland
“Lovely”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

I've been into Chambers a couple of times for lunch and always enjoy it. Good value for money and good quality food. Nice setting and In the centre of town. They also have a good tea and coffee selection.

• Visited May 2013

Perth, United Kingdom
“excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

went early Saturday evening and can highly commend the waiter. His patience with my daughter was amazing, Food was good too

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“LOVELY BREAKFAST”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

My dad had a Groupon voucher for Chambers and I wasn't sure what to expect as I have had my fair share of mediocre breakfasts (Including hotels where it costs circa £25 on numerous business trips.)
We were the first ones in the place so I thought it may be a bit dull and I would feel the usual Groupon guilt where the poor business has opened its doors just to serve us a cut price meal. However, I was really very pleasantly surprised. It really was probably one of the nicest breakfasts I have ever had (My own cooking included :)). The mushrooms, tomato and egg were all cooked to perfection. The bacon was absolutely delicious, it wasn't burnt or soggy and it tasted like good quality butchers' selection stuff. There was toast on the side, a big pot of tea and my Dad had a black coffee.
After about two minutes the place filled with folk. I imagine they are probably regulars because the waitress seemed to know them. I'd go back and pay full price, which is not a statement I take lightly!! Only downside was I like sausages a wee bit crispier but they tasted nice and seemed to be good quality. Not sure what the rough reports are about, but having eaten out for breakfast 100s of times over the past 4 years this was a topper. Thanks a lot :)

“Disgusting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Do NOT hav a breakfast here, griddle/pan obv needing cleaned, bacon was covered in black bits sausages undercooked, black grease swirling on plate and to top it off, the female worker is not the most polite and that's putting it mildly.

Dundee, United Kingdom
“LOVELY food, nice atmosphere.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

It feels cosy and welcoming in Chambers. I had a peppered steak wrap and my friend had crab cakes. We both agreed our grub was gorgeous-tasting. The coffee was of good quality and strength and the bill at the end reasonable. I will keep eating here frequently because I am seldom disappointed :)