“Could go back every week.”
Review of Don Michele

Don Michele
Ranked #42 of 376 Restaurants in Dundee
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dundee
“Could go back every week.”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Have been to Don Michele about 4 times now since I have lived in Dundee. I have never had any complaints with it, and now am actually trying to avoid going because I want to try some new places and I could just keep going back here forever!!!

Me & my partner try to go for a meal once every two weeks or so, and Don Michele is a favourite of ours. The interior isn't the best, it could be a lot cosier. I don't really like the decor and I never feel totally comfortable there, but I am very fussy about how comfy restuarants are!

The food always comes quickly, but tastes fresh. Not mind-blowingly amazing food, but tasty, fresh and enjoyable every time. You can see through to the kitchen from most of the tables which always makes me feel a bit better about eating out! I always get a pasta dish, and my partner usually gets a pizza or meat dish, we both always leave happy and full!

Staff have always been polite and friendly, and I genuinely have never had anything to complain about here. Most italian restauarants in Dundee seem to have went downhill in my opinion and it's good to know that so far this one always does the job.

East Sussex
“avoid avoid avoid”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Not a lot to say apart from really a shabby restaurant decorated in the 70's tables falling apart, your chairs slide all over the place because of the floor tiles, once we ordered was told it was cash only, as we were away on business we wanted to use a card, had to find a cash machine. food was expensive for what we got, and just plain and boring, the lasagna was dried up and my chicken dish with roasted vegetables was very bland.the manager was very polite when i told him and took my meal off the bill.
i think this place survives with locals.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Susan H
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“An authentic taste of Italy”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Service was excellent and genuinely friendly. The extensive menu had something to please every palate, with many authentically Italian dishes, in generous portions. The wine list also offered plenty choice at a range of budgets. Wish we lived closer!

Visited August 2013
Helensburgh, United Kingdom
“Saturday night might not be the best night to go?”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We booked to eat early evening and the place was empty, but were still put at a table near the toilets. It was also cold with a draught coming from an open door somewhere. We got the distinct impression we weren't welcome so early. I'd rather they'd said when I phoned that they didn't take bookings until a time when they were organised enough to be welcoming. Service was slow and I suppose a disappointment that waiting staff weren't Italian. Out of 5 of us, 2 said their food was good, my pasta was OK.The bottle of wine we ordered wasn't available, so we took their recommendation for the replacement, although when the bill arrived it was the more expensive bottle that had been charged. We'd been recommended this place so had arranged to meet friends there, and I have to admit I had an overwhelming sense of disappointment and embarrassment of taking others there. I was looking forward to the evening and the chance to find a nice Italian restaurant which we could turn into a frequented place to eat. If they want new customers I'd say our experiences would be how not to get that.

1 Thank Sam m
Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
“5 star service”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I recently enjoyed a fantastic meal here, from the minute we entered the restaurant the staff were great, and accommodated our every need.

The Thursday night offer is out of this world! 5 Courses for £14.95 is well worth the money. I was sceptical about the portion sizes at those prize but I was well and truly wrong, DO NOT BE PUT OFF BY THE FIXED PRICE, the food was amazing.

I'd recommend this restaurant to any one.