“Tasty”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Went for Lunch on a Saturday, it was not as busy as I thought and we chose the set menu, two courses for £8.95. It was absolutely delicious, far far better than spending the same amount on a burger bar meal, for example. The portions sizes were great ( I expected smaller for the amount we were paying, which is the usual in most restuarants) There was a choice of adding chips or salad for a further £2 but who wants chips in an Italian restaurant! and you get a lovely ramekin of roasted veg anyway.
The presentation of the meal was also excellent. We could not choose between the house wine and a more expensive one but were recommended the house wine and enjoyed every last drop.

I will def be back and might even push the boat out and do three courses for £10.95 I would urge others to go and try the set menu.

1  Thank keekB

Reviewed June 28, 2013

The Italian family who run this restaurant have been known to us for many years. In all that time we have enjoyed the very best of Italian cuisine and also the best in family friendly service.
A "must visit regularly" restaurant for anyone who has a taste for the authentic Italian tastes and flavours.
A must to try their style of hospitality - you wont be disappointed.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We were recommended this restaurant and went for lunch after my daughter's graduation. It is very unassuming from the outside, but when we went in it felt welcoming and had a lovely atmosphere. We were warmly greeted by the staff and showed to our table.

The food was exceptional - I had fillet of Sea Bass which was beautifully cooked. My daughter had a rare fillet steak which was cooked exactly as she asked for it - thanks chef! The prawns and mussels which came as part of our meal were so tasty. All courses were very well presented and generous portions.

The staff engaged with us and recommended some great wine. They were attentive and friendly. What a superb place - thinking about it just puts a smile on my face! Thoroughly recommended - you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Got a last minute booking here last night. The gentleman who answered the phone was able to squeeze us in the day before despite it being graduation. How glad we were. The staff here are attentive and genuine. Nice to see an Italian Restaurant with Italian staff, made the atmosphere all the more authentic. Food was delicious, my only gripe was that only the Graduation Menu was available, however this was understandable given how busy they were and offered 3 courses for £25 each. The choices available were great. Hubby had the Rib Eye steak, cooked to perfection (meduim) and not a strip of grissle/fat. I went for the chicken stuffed with pesto, again very tasty, I really wanted the Pork Parmmiagno but it was sold out. Desserts were stunning, I went for the double shot espresso & chocolate torte.....yum yum yum is all I can say. Friendly service, great food, really authentic Italian, couldn't ask for better. Will definately be back to order from the al a carte menu. Don Michele is now a firm favourite.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is an excellent restaurant with a top quality service and the food only compliments that. There is a warm welcome with the Italian music in the background.

I had a lovely pasta that was made to order and you can taste the difference, fresh food nicely cooked.