“Fantastic Lodges”

Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Dundee
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Lodges”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

First class lodges, well equipped, spotless, child and dog friendly. Fully fitted, well equipped kitchens - if you want to cook a family meal. If not the restaurant is a stepping stone away and the food/choice/price is exceptional. Staff couldn't be more helpfully or friendly. Golf course free to lodge residents. It was my birthday during our stay and the staff went that extra mile to make it special. Cheers to the crew @ F of K.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank tracyu1
Kingennie, Manager at Forbes of Kingennie, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at Kingennie. I am delighted to hear your comments and feedback regarding your visit. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your meals in our Waterside Restaurant and made use of the golf during your stay. I am delighted to hear the staff looked after you well and I have passed your comments to the team here at the resort. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

Spent a week in November in a lodge for my Husbands 60th.My sister and family also had a lodge from friday to monday to join in the celebrations.Lodges are fantastic could not fault them great for the party we had on the saturday of our stay all party guests very impressed.We ate a few times in the restaurant and on all occasions it was 1st class.Carlo could not do enough for us he really is a credit to this business.We hope to meet up again with my sister and family later this year at the lodges

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
hank you for your review on your recent stay. I am delighted to hear your comments regarding your stay and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your meals in our Waterside Restaurant. I have passed your comments on to the team here at the resort. I am delighted to hear you are planning a future visit and I hope to welcome you back soon.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

We had a great time recently at Forbes of Kingennie. Not only did the staff help prepare for a big birthday celebration, we were treated extremely well. The staff went out of their way to ensure we had a comfortable stay. Special mention to Carlo - who made sure every meal was memorable, and Grant in the sporting shop, who helped us get out on the 9 hole golf course a few times. We stayed in the north lodge. It was beautiful and spacious inside - the place was clean and well kept, and hosted me and my family for about a week. I would recommend Forbes of Kingennie without hesitation. I will hopefully make the trip from Canada again to enjoy their hospitality again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Kingennie, General Manager at Forbes of Kingennie, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am very proud of the team here at the resort and delighted to hear that they looked after you all so well. I am especially pleased to hear you will recommend us and I do hope that you make it back over here in the future.
Dundee, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

I recently stayed in a lodge in Kingennie and at first glance the place was perfect - a cosy little lodge in a picturesque setting. However as the first day progressed it was evident that cleanliness of the lodge was poor. Disgustingly, there were many pubic hairs surrounding the toilet - evidently from the last person who had stayed! My bare feet were filthy from the flooring and I also stepped on a nail that was lying on the upstairs floor!!
When dining in the Kingennie restaurant, the waitress was rude and made me feel as if I was a nuisance for being there.
I'd say the place was decent for a few days away to unwind and relax, but I'd recommend bringing your own cleaning supplies.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that we failed to meet our usual high standards and have spoken with the team to ensure this doesn’t happen again. I am disappointed that we didn’t have the opportunity to rectify these issues with you during your stay.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Just celebrated my grandad's 100th birthday at Forbes of Kingennie.
The entire evening was fantastic from start to finish. Nothing was too much trouble for the very friendly staff and they made sure the night went off so well. The menu was great and the food delicious. Recommend to anyone thinking of having dinner or an event there in the future.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Kingennie, Manager at Forbes of Kingennie, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your Grandad’s 100th Birthday meal here at Kingennie and am very pleased to hear you had a wonderful time. I am very proud of the team here who work hard to ensure that all of our guests have an excellent time when they visit. I hope to welcome you all back soon.
Dundee, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed in kingenniie court north , perfect for our staff night out , plenty room it catered for our every need .The rooms are very comfortable and it was lovely and peaceful but same time we could make lots noise and not bother anyone! Would definitively go back . And a special thanks to Gail for her surprise .

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Kingennie, Manager at Forbes of Kingennie, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit at Kingennie Court North lodge at Forbes of Kingennie. I am thrilled to hear your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to Forbes of Kingennie in the near future.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

Forbes of kingennie is the place to be, we were here on a special offer but would gladly pay full price! accommodations brilliant! lovely walks, fishing golf excellent restaurant and bar but the best of all is the staff, nothing was any trouble and they bent over back words to make us feel welcome. many thanks to Nicki, Carlos and Elizabeth for going the extra mile. Love the chat and banter and we have already booked up for next month, many thanks. Jeanie, Lisa, Mags and the family xx

Room Tip: All Accomodation is brilliant, even get the personal welcome with some home made cookies