“Forbes Of Kingennie” 5 of 5 bubbles

Forbes of Kingennie
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Dundee
“Forbes Of Kingennie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Compliments to the chef we had a lovely meal on the 27th December 2013 there was eight of us including two children. The staff were very attentive Carlos and Ari made sure the kids were entertained with colouring pencils and balloons to keep them amused while us adults had a great get together and a great time.

Mrs & Mrs Ewing
Dundee

Room Tip: Forbes Of Kingennie is ideal for families and couples to have a great holiday and is near to the tow...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kingennie, Manager at Forbes of Kingennie, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit at Forbes of Kingennie. I am thrilled to hear you were pleased with your meal and service you received. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Waterside Restaurant in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

What a gem...great place we stayed in November 2013

My friend from Holland booked the lodge. She flew into Manchester airport where I met her in the afternoon. We knew it would be late by the time we drove to Dundee. I had discussed this with Carlo before hand. He was the best host, he couldn't do enough to keep his guests happy. When he knew we would struggle to find the lodge he went out of his way to meet us at 8.30 in the evening, in his own time. We followed him in the car through all the country roads in the dark ( we would not have found it) when we got there he had the lodge ready for us. What a place, much more than we could have imagined.
The Restaurant / bar was cosy with great views and food

The lodge was great, nearly everything you could need / want was supplied.Sky TV, a DVD player and flat screen TV. The bedrooms were a good size and the bathroom was very clean. The only down side was there was no WiFi, in today's world this is a must for most people. One more small thing,the shops were not close by and the whole point of the country was not to be in the car to often. Maybe a small area in the clubhouse were you are able to buy milk, eggs , bread etc. would be something to think about for your guests

My friend and I would love to come back, who knows maybe next year!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kingennie, Manager at Forbes of Kingennie, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thank you for your review on your recent stay. I am delighted to hear your comments regarding your stay and have passed your comments on to the team here at the resort. Thank you for your feedback in regards to internet in the lodge house and the availability of groceries at the resort. We strive to meet customer requirements and I will look into this for the near future. I look forward to welcoming you back to the resort.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

Hmmm, stayed in the lodges here a wedding on 30 Nov for 2 nights (it would have been more but work demanded otherwise) as the best man with my significant other on what was a great weekend.

Anyway the lodges themselves are highly recommended and inadvertently we ended up using it as a party camp. Outside the lodges there are great surroundings including some fishing spots and a golf course, plus nice views if you appreciate scenery.

Back to the venue, you could easily arrange a wedding/birthday/corporate day out here - and I may in the future. As far as hotels/B+B go, it's one of a few places I'd actually return to.

We had several meals in this facility - all of which were to a high standard. That said the lodges are fully equipped for those who wish to cater for themselves. We done a combination.

Our only regret was cutting the party short by one evening. We couldn't thank the staff enough.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kingennie, Manager at Forbes of Kingennie, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a great review. I am exceptionally pleased to hear your thoughts on a wedding you attended as the best man. I am very proud of the team here at Kingennie, who take great care to ensure that that all customers are well looked after. We all look forward to seeing you all again very soon.
Perth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

The weekend started on 29th and carried on until Monday 2nd Dec. Everything at the wedding was perfect and the service was first class by all the staff. Both courts were occupied by family and friends also 2 lodges. The facilities were excellent and the party atmosphere was enhanced by a superb facility. We were sorry when it came to an end, however, we hope to return in October 2014 and do it all again, for a birthday this time. Once again thanks to the whole team at Kingennie.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a great review. I am exceptionally pleased to hear your thoughts on a wedding you attended. I am very proud of the team here at Kingennie, who take great care to ensure that that all customers are well looked after. I look forward to welcoming you to Forbes of Kingennie in October 2014 for another celebration.
Lanark, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

Just returned home after spending 3 days in the Lodge house. We were so lucky to get this deal through itison. The Lodge house was beautiful, spotlessly clean, everything you could need for your stay was there for you. The staff were brilliant, so helpful and friendly, could not do enough for you. We were so sorry to leave and hopefully we will return soon.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kingennie, Manager at Forbes of Kingennie, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am delighted to hear your comments on your recent stay in the Lodge House at Forbes of Kingennie. I am very proud of the team here at Kingennie, who take great care to ensure all customer requirements and expectations are achieved. I am delighted to hear you will be returning and look forward to welcoming you back to the resort
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

Regulars for a walk round the ponds, breakfast and the odd lunch it was such a pleasure to find that Carlo had noted Gluten Free needs. GF bacon rolls now on the menu on Sunday Mornings. What a treat! And Gluten Awareness in the kitchen. So now a great environment, good service and GF catering. Thank you Carlo!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kingennie, Manager at Forbes of Kingennie, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent visit. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your gluten free bacon rolls. I look forward to welcoming you back to Forbes of Kingennie in the near future.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

We came back here for our second visit staying at the leeanan boathouse and it was absolutely superb. So relaxing and so beautiful I can't believe our weekend is over already!
We were made to feel so welcome on check in (thank you Carlo for showing us the new extension!) and really had such a lovely time. My only mark down was the restaurant. I ordered a goats cheese with a beet root and orange salad which sounded nice but what came out was 2 blobs of very purple goats cheese and 3 blobs of orange jelly. very odd I would maybe review this item on the menu (maybe it was just me!) Also our wine that we ordered to the table was quite warm. Main course was butternut squash linguini which was beautiful and my husband had a steak (lovely) That really was the only thing, and seriously this place is worth a visit. Especially the boathouse! Can't wait to come back thank you for everything :-)

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kingennie, Manager at Forbes of Kingennie, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at the boathouse. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit. Thank you for your feedback following your visit to our restaurant. I am very sorry to hear of your disappointment with your goat’s cheese starter, this is a popular choice although I will talk to the chef in regards to your feedback. I apologise your wine was not to the correct temperature and I will speak to the team to ensure this does not happen again. I am pleased to hear your butternut squash linguini and steak were lovely. I am delighted to hear you will be retuning and look forward to welcoming you to Forbes of Kingennie.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dundee
Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa
DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee
Carnoustie Golf Course Hotel
The Hotel Broughty Ferry
BEST WESTERN Woodlands Hotel
Premier Inn Dundee (Monifieth) Hotel

Been to Forbes of Kingennie? Share your experiences!