“Wedding weekend 30th november 2013”

and 1 more site!
Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort
Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Dundee
Perth, United Kingdom
“Wedding weekend 30th november 2013”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

The weekend started on 29th and carried on until Monday 2nd Dec. Everything at the wedding was perfect and the service was first class by all the staff. Both courts were occupied by family and friends also 2 lodges. The facilities were excellent and the party atmosphere was enhanced by a superb facility. We were sorry when it came to an end, however, we hope to return in October 2014 and do it all again, for a birthday this time. Once again thanks to the whole team at Kingennie.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Kingennie, Manager at Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a great review. I am exceptionally pleased to hear your thoughts on a wedding you attended. I am very proud of the team here at Kingennie, who take great care to ensure that that all customers are well looked after. I look forward to welcoming you to Forbes of Kingennie in October 2014 for another celebration.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Lanark, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Just returned home after spending 3 days in the Lodge house. We were so lucky to get this deal through itison. The Lodge house was beautiful, spotlessly clean, everything you could need for your stay was there for you. The staff were brilliant, so helpful and friendly, could not do enough for you. We were so sorry to leave and hopefully we will return soon.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Kingennie, Manager at Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am delighted to hear your comments on your recent stay in the Lodge House at Forbes of Kingennie. I am very proud of the team here at Kingennie, who take great care to ensure all customer requirements and expectations are achieved. I am delighted to hear you will be returning and look forward to welcoming you back to the resort
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Regulars for a walk round the ponds, breakfast and the odd lunch it was such a pleasure to find that Carlo had noted Gluten Free needs. GF bacon rolls now on the menu on Sunday Mornings. What a treat! And Gluten Awareness in the kitchen. So now a great environment, good service and GF catering. Thank you Carlo!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Kingennie, Manager at Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent visit. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your gluten free bacon rolls. I look forward to welcoming you back to Forbes of Kingennie in the near future.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

We came back here for our second visit staying at the leeanan boathouse and it was absolutely superb. So relaxing and so beautiful I can't believe our weekend is over already!
We were made to feel so welcome on check in (thank you Carlo for showing us the new extension!) and really had such a lovely time. My only mark down was the restaurant. I ordered a goats cheese with a beet root and orange salad which sounded nice but what came out was 2 blobs of very purple goats cheese and 3 blobs of orange jelly. very odd I would maybe review this item on the menu (maybe it was just me!) Also our wine that we ordered to the table was quite warm. Main course was butternut squash linguini which was beautiful and my husband had a steak (lovely) That really was the only thing, and seriously this place is worth a visit. Especially the boathouse! Can't wait to come back thank you for everything :-)

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kingennie, Manager at Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at the boathouse. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit. Thank you for your feedback following your visit to our restaurant. I am very sorry to hear of your disappointment with your goat’s cheese starter, this is a popular choice although I will talk to the chef in regards to your feedback. I apologise your wine was not to the correct temperature and I will speak to the team to ensure this does not happen again. I am pleased to hear your butternut squash linguini and steak were lovely. I am delighted to hear you will be retuning and look forward to welcoming you to Forbes of Kingennie.
Brechin, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Well where to start. Myself and my fiancée have booked Forbes of Kingennie for our wedding in May 2014 and from the word GO we have had excellent service from everyone.

Yesterday we went for our meeting with Louise the wedding coordinator and she is the most approachable down to earth woman ever. All my questions were answered and I left confident that our wedding next year could not be in safer hands.

We then had a lovely meal at the restaurant which was to die for. The best food I have ever tasted. Affordable but very high end. Carlos was extremely accommodating and didn't hesitate to even come and say goodbye when he finished his shift. The waitress and waiter who were working yesterday (I apologize I didn't get your names) were very polite and made us feel at home. Again sorry for not getting your name but the other gentleman I think he may be a manager, tall and has a lovely exotic accent (if you could let me know his name I'd really appreciate it) he could have not been more accommodating, smile that lit up the room and very friendly.

We simply felt special. Nothing was too much hassle.

I cannot recommend Forbes of Kingennie enough! We can't wait to start our married life and could not think of a better venue to begin it than this paradise.

• Stayed November 2013
Kingennie, Manager at Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Wow, thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review. I am delighted to hear your comments on your meal in the restaurant and the service you received from the team at Forbes of Kingennie. . I am very proud of the team here at Kingennie, who take great care to ensure that all customers requirements and expectations are achieved. We look forward to hosting your wedding day and as always we are here if you require any other information. The gentlemen’s name who you were asking is Ari our food and beverage manager.

We all look forward to seeing you both again very soon.
Dundee
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Had the special 2 course lunch today - smoked haddock risotto (yum) and honey and walnut cheesecake (even more yum). Delicious food and friendly staff in lovely surroundings - wlll be back. Wish I had the recipes for the food as would love to try to make it myself!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Kingennie, Manager at Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit at Forbes of Kingennie. I am thrilled to hear you were very pleased with your meal. The haddock risotto is one of our new dishes we have added to our menu and has proven to be very popular. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Waterside Restaurant.
bairns9
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stayed here last week for 4 nights with my Wife and our pet dog. The lodge was extremely comfortable, it contained everything you could need from washing up liqud, dishwasher to dvd players and sky sports(result). The grounds are really nice and a great for a walk which was handy when travelling with the dog. We ate in the restaurant for lunch once and also had a drink in the bar on another occassion. We really enjoyed our stay and would have no hesitation coming back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kingennie, Manager at Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am delighted to hear your comments on your recent stay at Forbes of Kingennie. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed dinning in the restaurant and bar area. I am delighted to hear you will be returning and look forward to welcoming you back to the resort.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dundee
Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa
Hampton by Hilton Dundee City Center
Best Western Dundee Woodlands Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee
Carnoustie Golf Course Hotel
Premier Inn Dundee West Hotel

Been to Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort? Share your experiences!