“Paradise”

Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Dundee
Brechin, United Kingdom
“Paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Well where to start. Myself and my fiancée have booked Forbes of Kingennie for our wedding in May 2014 and from the word GO we have had excellent service from everyone.

Yesterday we went for our meeting with Louise the wedding coordinator and she is the most approachable down to earth woman ever. All my questions were answered and I left confident that our wedding next year could not be in safer hands.

We then had a lovely meal at the restaurant which was to die for. The best food I have ever tasted. Affordable but very high end. Carlos was extremely accommodating and didn't hesitate to even come and say goodbye when he finished his shift. The waitress and waiter who were working yesterday (I apologize I didn't get your names) were very polite and made us feel at home. Again sorry for not getting your name but the other gentleman I think he may be a manager, tall and has a lovely exotic accent (if you could let me know his name I'd really appreciate it) he could have not been more accommodating, smile that lit up the room and very friendly.

We simply felt special. Nothing was too much hassle.

I cannot recommend Forbes of Kingennie enough! We can't wait to start our married life and could not think of a better venue to begin it than this paradise.

• Stayed November 2013
Kingennie, Manager at Forbes of Kingennie, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Wow, thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review. I am delighted to hear your comments on your meal in the restaurant and the service you received from the team at Forbes of Kingennie. . I am very proud of the team here at Kingennie, who take great care to ensure that all customers requirements and expectations are achieved. We look forward to hosting your wedding day and as always we are here if you require any other information. The gentlemen’s name who you were asking is Ari our food and beverage manager.

We all look forward to seeing you both again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Dundee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

Had the special 2 course lunch today - smoked haddock risotto (yum) and honey and walnut cheesecake (even more yum). Delicious food and friendly staff in lovely surroundings - wlll be back. Wish I had the recipes for the food as would love to try to make it myself!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Kingennie, Manager at Forbes of Kingennie, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit at Forbes of Kingennie. I am thrilled to hear you were very pleased with your meal. The haddock risotto is one of our new dishes we have added to our menu and has proven to be very popular. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Waterside Restaurant.
bairns9
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stayed here last week for 4 nights with my Wife and our pet dog. The lodge was extremely comfortable, it contained everything you could need from washing up liqud, dishwasher to dvd players and sky sports(result). The grounds are really nice and a great for a walk which was handy when travelling with the dog. We ate in the restaurant for lunch once and also had a drink in the bar on another occassion. We really enjoyed our stay and would have no hesitation coming back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kingennie, Manager at Forbes of Kingennie, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am delighted to hear your comments on your recent stay at Forbes of Kingennie. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed dinning in the restaurant and bar area. I am delighted to hear you will be returning and look forward to welcoming you back to the resort.
Inverness, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Myself and partner spent 2 nights in the Boathouse. It was lovely and the setting was beautiful. We ate in the restaurant both nights, the second being steak night.......could not fault either night and the waiter (Carlo) was very attentive and welcoming. We will definitely be back.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kingennie, Manager at Forbes of Kingennie, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Boathouse. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the boathouse and your meals in the Waterside Restaurant. I Hope to see you again in the near future.
Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

We were up last night for a meal for a 21st birthday. Our server was friendly could not do enough for us the place itself was clean and warm . The meal itself was brilliant. Would go back in a heartbeat. Would definatly recommend to go and see for youself.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadviser. I am pleased to hear your positive comments and feedback in regards to the food and service you received. I am delighted to hear you will be returning and look forward to welcoming you back at Forbes of Kingennie.
Uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Lunch is served in the cosy bar area, or in the adjacent dining room.
The menu is varied and showcases locally produced food, and is attractively presented. Even a simple burger looks good and is very tasty indeed. On a sunny day , the balcony area is a great place for a coffee and some lunch. The home made soup is also excellent.
A walk around the fishing ponds is pleasant. Maybe I should take up golf and /or fishing

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Kingennie, General Manager at Forbes of Kingennie, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am delighted to hear your comments on the food and surroundings. Our burgers are very popular and I am very pleased to hear they are very tasty indeed. I look forward to seeing you out fishing or golfing soon.
Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Firstly i apologize for it taking us so long to write up our review. My husband and i were married at Forbes of Kingennie on Saturday 3rd August 2013. We had been visiting the restaurant at Kingennie for some time before planning our wedding and we always left feeling more than satisfied, that satisfied that when we announced to get married we just knew we wanted to have kingennie as our wedding venue. We did not give any other venue even a blink of an eye as we just knew that this was the venue for us. Don't get me wrong there was times were we thought to ourselves have we built this venue up to much and come our wedding day would we be let down! But boy were our thoughts wrong! and it exceeded even our high expectations that we already had for the venue. This venue is out of this world, from the beautiful surroundings and the picturesque views to the amazing food and not forgetting the wonderful and friendly staff!! We really can not say enough about this venue! From the moment we booked our wedding at Kingennie we built up a great relationship with the wedding co-ordinator Louise, she is a real asset to Kingennie and was always there to help, no query to small and she was always on the end of the phone if we needed help or advice. On our wedding day David and Ari were just amazing such such lovely people they helped our day run smoothly and not forgetting the rest of the staff who were brilliant. All the food was served as quickly as possible with a good timing left in between courses and all food was served hot. All our guests were commenting on how good the food was and how beautiful the venue is. I really can't think of one negative thing to say about Forbes of Kingennie other than i am absolutely gutted our wedding is over now, as we were beginning to feel part of the kingennie family but you won't keep us away too long as we will be back visiting the restaurant very soon :) Huge thanks to all staff at kingennie and a special thanks to Louise, David and Ari you guys are amazing :) Lots of Love Mr and Mrs Cowan xx

Room Tip: Boathouse was just beautiful such a great way to end your wedding day.