“Fantastic wedding venue!”

and 1 more site!
Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort
Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Dundee
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We booked Forbes of Kingennie for our wedding. From the moment we booked to when we left after the wedding the staff couldn't have been more helpful and friendly.

The wedding day itself was perfect and the resort has provided an amazing backdrop for our photographs. The main thing for us was good food and we were not disappointed - all our guests commented on how good the meal was!

We stayed in the boathouse the night of the wedding and our only regret was not to have stayed longer! The boathouse is beautiful and I am already thinking of when I can go back.

I would recommend Forbes of Kingennie to anyone looking to book a wedding!

• Stayed: July 2013
Kingennie, General Manager at Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review. I am delighted to hear you had a perfect day and all of your guests enjoyed the meal. I am very proud of the team here at Kingennie and am very pleased to hear that they looked after you well. I look forward to seeing you back for another stay in the boathouse soon.

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Had a fantastic day at my friends' wedding but they really let themselves down by the lack of detail they spent on the special day. Food was pre-ordered but someone at our table was told they had to have salmon even though they'd ordered soup. The headwaiter knew this as was on his list but he still gave her salmon which she can not eat. The beef for the main was so tough that few people at our table ate it. The potatoes were also hard. when I cut into my potato it was black in the middle.

It was a hot day and the lack of ventilation meant that people had to continuously go outside for fresh air. The room was quite long and the speeches could not be heard at the back of the room as no microphones were provided. It's so dissapointing that we couldn't hear the speeches.

I had a great day at their wedding but I am dissapointed at details that ruined it for the bride and groom. Especially after the cost of the wedding and the I personally think that "Forbes of kingennie"'s response to the complaint is unacceptable.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Dawn C
Kingennie, General Manager at Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I agree that painfully the details were not at the standards we work so hard to deliver week in week out. We acknowledge that this has been extremely disappointing for the family and those attending. Our team know and feel this but are determined to learn and improve from this.
With regard to our response to the family , we have as I’m sure you will understand, addressed this privately.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I was part of the bridal party at a wedding at Kingennie on July19th. We all stayed in the lodges then had breakfast in the restaurant. It was a first class experience, excellent staff who made the whole day run smoothly ..you could not fault it. A beautiful setting for photographs. They catered very well for my dairy allergy...nothing was a problem. The lodges were perfect, clean and comfortable. I would stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jen D

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. I am delighted to hear that you had a first class experience and your dairy allergy was well catered for. I have passed your comments on to the team here and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We returned to Kingennie on 28 May for five nights and it was fantastic.On this occasion we stayed in Glen Isla lodge which was perfect.The lodge was very comfortable indeed,in a great location for bird watching.It was such a treat watching so many different species of birds throughout our stay. The highlight was seeing the Osprey flying in daily for free lunch and dinner courtesy of Kingennie!!

The staff were all fantastic making us feel very welcome again. Special mention to Vickie, Carlo, Elizabeth Jess and Paul. And to Jonny,Grant and Chris for taking care of Tam with fishing bookings, and hints and tips.
Throughout our stay the standard of food and service was excellent. I can honestly say it is one of the few places we have visited,where the staff are consistent on a daily basis, hence why we return.

For families travelling to Kingennie Resort and are out and about.We can recommend the childrens play area at Carnoustie which is next to the golf course, it is fantastic for children of all ages.The play area will keep children occupied for hours.

We will be returning to Kingennie in October.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Kingennie, General Manager at Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear your comments which I have shared with the team here. Must admit I do enjoy watching the osprey too. Look forward to seeing you again in October.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We had a lovely 3 night stay at our GLEN Esk lodge with 3 adults and 1 dog. Our lodge was in a nice position although quite dark with trees surrounding us.We had to have our lights on during the day at times.The location was great and very central to visiting dundee,broughty ferry and the east coast.We used aa autoroute to find the estate which was a bit of a long road. We would suggest staying on a92 after passing dundee and looking out for large dobbie/david lloyd/house of angus shopping area and turn at brown signs with forbes of kingennie.This is easier thatn trying to find it via country roads.The food on site was fab. We had high tea. The level of service and quality is well worth it. You get discount if staying in the resort.If you fish or play golf,this is a resort you must try to visit.Saw a few dogs around the estate. Must be kept on leads but lots of walks well set out. The large kingennie court which sleeps 10 looks great and has a lovely view of the golf course and driving range. Our lodge was in a quiet location up to the left of the resort near the boathouse. Looks lovely. We had 5 lodges next to us. All nice positioned to look onto a pond/trees/golf course.The only issue is when booking this lodge last year, we read that it had two balconies, one from bedroom and one from lounge. This balcony was from the bedroom only. Check when booking if you need another description. Also check if you can bring your dog as only a few lodges allow this.Overall, great resort,check out the resturant even if it's only for a drink or cup of tea!Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Kingennie, General Manager at Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review. I am delighted to hear you had a lovely stay and very pleased to hear you managed to make use of the onsite facilities. I apologise that we had incorrect information regarding Glen Esk and have now changed this on our website, thank you for bringing this to my attention. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We were fortunate to have stayed at this Resort while on holiday in Scotland. The location was very scenic, the Lodge was very comfortable and the staff were attentive and helpful. The food at the on site restaurant was always appetising and well prepared. Would stay here again if ever we return to the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Kingennie, General Manager at Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear your comments and hope that we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed for three nights it was heaven would liked to have stayed longer but had other travel commitments as we were touring Scotland.The lodge was clean and comfortable. We loved the view of the gardens out one window and the fishing pools out the other a spectacular view first thing in the morning.plenty to do Golf / fishing/walking they even have a maze if you are game enough to have a go. Close enough to go sightseeing and get back in time for dinner the staff are very helpful in showing you the quickest and easiest road to take,also the resort is well sign posted so you will not get lost. The restaurant and bar are lovely very cosy the food is delicious the staff are very attentive but one stands out and that is Carlo always smiling and very interesting to talk to very informative. All your staff are a credit to you be proud of them we have travelled many places and they are some of the best.Thank you Mike & Gail Forbes for making our trip memorable

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Kingennie, General Manager at Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear your comments which I have shared with the team here at the resort. I am very pleased you managed to make use of the many activities on site and enjoyed the sightseeing during your stay. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip and do hope we will see you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dundee
Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa
DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee
Hampton by Hilton Dundee City Center
Fairmont St Andrews
Fairmont St Andrews
#4 of 17 in St. Andrews
Best Western Dundee Woodlands Hotel
Premier Inn Dundee (Monifieth) Hotel

Been to Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort? Share your experiences!