“Excellent Scenery, food and Service”

and 1 more site!
Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort
Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Dundee
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I were bowled over by the scenery looking from the Restaurant . The food was extremely good, freshly made to order. The service was very good. We would certainly recommend this restaurant to all our friends and acquaintances.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Kingennie, General Manager at Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit to Kingennie. I am delighted to hear your comments and especially pleased to hear you will be recommending us to your friends. We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I were fortunate to receive an "itison" voucher for our tenth wedding anniversary. We had a fantastic lunch and the staff could not have done more to help. Although we are local to the area, we have never visited Forbes of Kingennie before, but I am certain today will not be our last meal enjoyed there! Thanks to Carlo for looking after us so well

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for posting a review of your first visit to Kingennie. I am delighted to hear you had a fantastic lunch and we very much look forward to seeing you both again soon.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

My family and I have visited for meals on a number of occasions and have always been very satisfied with all aspects of the restaurant. The menu is extensive and includes a fair number of gluten free options - something which many hotels/restaurants are not good at! The staff are friendly and attentive without being pushy and the quality of food is excellent and freshly prepared to order. Ambiance is peaceful and the country setting with the adjacent loch is a beautiful example of Scottish countryside.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your lovely review. I am very proud of the team here at Kingennie and am delighted to hear that they continue to look after you well. I look forward to seeing you many more times in the future.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

We had a terrific golf day out at Kingennie. Lovely course well laid out with plenty of challenges. We played 9 holes and went in for a great lunch and then back on the course for another 9. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: We didn't stay at the resort but the property looked great.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent isit. I am delighted to hear your comments and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Sampled the Sunday high tea menu with friends.The food was excellent and remember no frozen chips here -there hand cut.Plenty of top ups of tea or coffee with lovely cakes to finish with.This experience topped with friendly and professional staff met my groups needs and expectations.
I would recommend this eating house without hesitation.
We will certainly return again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your recent review. I am very pleased to hear your comments and delighted you will be recommending us. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

My fishing party have just arrived home from our 33rd visit to this fantastic resort and as usual the lodge was spotlessly clean well equipped and comfortable.
The fishing was first class as were the staff that looks after the four well stocked ponds, these lads really go out their way to make you feel welcome and ensure you enjoy your stay.
We ate in the restaurant every night and once again the staff were great, the meals delicious and reasonably priced.
The only complaint we would have is the price of drinks which we found quite expensive particularly the cost of mixers at £1 a shot must rank as one of the highest I have ever paid.
We will be returning round about October for our fourth trip this year and hopefully for many years to come.

Room Tip: It does not really matter as all the lodges are of a very high standard and peacefull
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank daviesim
Kingennie, General Manager at Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your 33rd visit! I am very pleased to hear your comments and we are delighted to welcome you back each trip.
I am very proud of the team here at Kingennie and delighted to hear that they continue to look after you all so well.
I have taken your point on board regarding the drink prices and am currently looking into this.

Look forward to seeing you all again around October.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Just back from my hen weekend. Me and 38 of my family and friends stayed in the Forbes of Kingennie North and South Court lodges over the Friday and the Saturday night. The place exceeded my expectations, which were already high to begin with. The lodges were immaculate and every bedroom contained 2 single beds and a beautiful modern en-suite. Showers were fab, which after a boozy night is much needed. All facilities within the lodges were fully equipped to meet all our needs. Staff were always on hand and more than willing to help and make sure that everything was up to our expectations. We all went to the restaurant on both nights where we had high tea and were again well looked after and had excellent food. We had a pamper party on the Friday where we had one lodge set up as the pamper room and the party went on in the other lodge. We were quite secluded thus there was no worry on noise level and the decking coming off the front of both the lodges overlooked the golf course where you can sit until the sun goes down. We were very lucky in that we had lovely weather. Saturday we had booked shooting during the day and we had the help of Gail Forbes(owner) in transporting some of our party to the event. The overall quality and service received made for a perfect hen weekend ill never forget.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Vicky B
Kingennie, General Manager at Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us for your hen weekend. I am delighted to hear your comments and very pleased to hear you had a perfect weekend. The team are happy to have played a part in this. Delighted to hear you’ll hold on to the memories of the weekend and we very much hope to see you again soon.