All reviewsboat housetroutputting greenfly fishingglen islaglen sheehole golf coursehigh teadaughters weddingkids menusky tvfamily get togetherthoroughly enjoyed our staydriving rangeself cateringliving roomlovely meal
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is my second review of Kingennie. My previous was one of much disappointment but I was tempted back by a half price voucher via TayFm. We enjoyed a high tea for 2. Fish/chips, steak pie, toast and cakes all nice and much better than my previous experience. We were however only one of 2 couples in the restaurant so I hope that the standard and service is just as good at the weekend/busier times. I will probably come back again and keep my fingers crossed that my previous comments have been, and continue to be acted upon.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kingennie, General Manager at Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

I am delighted that you returned to our restaurant and took the time to review it again. I am very pleased to hear that you had any enjoyable high tea.
Guest feedback is extremely important to us here and we continually strive to provide a high level of service and qulaity here at the resort.
I look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

This was our fifth stay in this lovely resort staying in Glen Prosen from 9th-13 September

The food in the restaurant is very good quality topped by excellent service from Carlo and the team. We would also like to mention Jonny and Grant for taking care of my boat house pool bookings.However, there is work to be done in order to repair some of the platforms as a matter of urgency. The grounds also at this pool needs attention and brought back to the high standards previously encountered.

The owner and creator of this lovely resort Mike Forbes showed great vison when he created this wonderful oasis and we commend his work. I sincerely hope his very high standards are maintained and all feedback is acted upon.

We look forward to our next stay at Kingennie.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ScotlandWestie
Kingennie, General Manager at Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you so much for your lovely comments on your recent stay with us here at the resort. I have passed your comments on the team who are delighted.
Thank you for bringing your points regarding the platforms and grounds surrounding the pond to my attention and I can assure you we will act upon this feedback.
I look forward to welcoming you both back to Kingennie soon.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

After checking out a lot of places, we settled on Forbes of Kingennie for our wedding.

We made regular visits before our wedding and have made lots of visits since. The pub food is traditional prices (around £7 for a burger and chips) and typical restuarant prices for something a bit more fancy.

Very clean and the staff are very friendly and accommodating,

The chalets are big, clean and well equipped. The Honeymoon suite is beautiful inside and well maintained.

I would highly recommend Forbes of Kingennie

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Kingennie, General Manager at Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2012

Thanks for your lovely comments Andy which I have shared with the team who are delighted to hear them.
Look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We have just returned from a weekday break at Glen Lyon lodge with family (4 adults, 3 kids ranging from 2 to 8 years, and 1 mischevious dog). As always seems to happen we had our share of mishaps, including a stray golf ball through the car window, but Forbes took responsibility and arranged for a replacement window with minimum fuss, late check out and a complimentary meal as we were stuck until the car window set, which we were grateful for (especially with 3 hungry kids).

The logde itself was clean, in a fantastic location (golf balls aside) and beautifully presented. As with all self catering holiday accomodation there were a few snags like a dodgy oven and plugs that didn't seal in the bathrooms, but they had minimum impact and the space itself was lovely enough to make up for it.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful and the lodge keeper even gave our 8 year old a lift in the golf buggy which he loved.

We spent some time fishing, both the men on their own fly fishing and as a family bait fishing. Sitting on the bank with a picnic was glorious. This is a very popular fishery with locals and holiday makers alike. They do need to invest some money in the fishing areas as people had a horrible habit of leaving rubbish (despite the many bins) on the banks and the bins weren't emptied very frequently, which of course resulted in wasp attacks.

The bar and restaurant accomodated families and had a lovely relaxed atmosphere. The food was absolutely delicious.

All in all we all had a wonderful stay and will definitely return next year.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review following your recent stay. I am delighted to hear your comments regarding your stay and have passed your comments on to the team here at the resort.
I would like to thank you for bringing the maintenance issues to my attention and am pleased to confirm that we have acted on the feedback given.
I look forward to welcoming you all back next year.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Visited dundee to see family and decided to make a holiday out of it. Myself, 5 year old daughter and wife booked the Lodge House for 4 night's. It was perfect for us with the golf and fishing right on doorstep. The restaurant was more than could be expected. The staff we very friendly and great with the little one. They could not not have done anymore for us. The food was reasonably priced and we had high tea twice on our visit. We are already planning our next visit.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Kingennie, General Manager at Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us, I am delighted to hear your comments and look forward to welcoming you back soon.