All reviewsboat housetroutputting greenfly fishingglen islaglen sheehole golf coursehigh teadaughters weddingkids menusky tvfamily get togetherthoroughly enjoyed our staydriving rangeself cateringliving roomlovely meal
Reviewed September 14, 2012

This was our fifth stay in this lovely resort staying in Glen Prosen from 9th-13 September

The food in the restaurant is very good quality topped by excellent service from Carlo and the team. We would also like to mention Jonny and Grant for taking care of my boat house pool bookings.However, there is work to be done in order to repair some of the platforms as a matter of urgency. The grounds also at this pool needs attention and brought back to the high standards previously encountered.

The owner and creator of this lovely resort Mike Forbes showed great vison when he created this wonderful oasis and we commend his work. I sincerely hope his very high standards are maintained and all feedback is acted upon.

We look forward to our next stay at Kingennie.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ScotlandWestie
Kingennie, General Manager at Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you so much for your lovely comments on your recent stay with us here at the resort. I have passed your comments on the team who are delighted.
Thank you for bringing your points regarding the platforms and grounds surrounding the pond to my attention and I can assure you we will act upon this feedback.
I look forward to welcoming you both back to Kingennie soon.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

After checking out a lot of places, we settled on Forbes of Kingennie for our wedding.

We made regular visits before our wedding and have made lots of visits since. The pub food is traditional prices (around £7 for a burger and chips) and typical restuarant prices for something a bit more fancy.

Very clean and the staff are very friendly and accommodating,

The chalets are big, clean and well equipped. The Honeymoon suite is beautiful inside and well maintained.

I would highly recommend Forbes of Kingennie

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Kingennie, General Manager at Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2012

Thanks for your lovely comments Andy which I have shared with the team who are delighted to hear them.
Look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We have just returned from a weekday break at Glen Lyon lodge with family (4 adults, 3 kids ranging from 2 to 8 years, and 1 mischevious dog). As always seems to happen we had our share of mishaps, including a stray golf ball through the car window, but Forbes took responsibility and arranged for a replacement window with minimum fuss, late check out and a complimentary meal as we were stuck until the car window set, which we were grateful for (especially with 3 hungry kids).

The logde itself was clean, in a fantastic location (golf balls aside) and beautifully presented. As with all self catering holiday accomodation there were a few snags like a dodgy oven and plugs that didn't seal in the bathrooms, but they had minimum impact and the space itself was lovely enough to make up for it.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful and the lodge keeper even gave our 8 year old a lift in the golf buggy which he loved.

We spent some time fishing, both the men on their own fly fishing and as a family bait fishing. Sitting on the bank with a picnic was glorious. This is a very popular fishery with locals and holiday makers alike. They do need to invest some money in the fishing areas as people had a horrible habit of leaving rubbish (despite the many bins) on the banks and the bins weren't emptied very frequently, which of course resulted in wasp attacks.

The bar and restaurant accomodated families and had a lovely relaxed atmosphere. The food was absolutely delicious.

All in all we all had a wonderful stay and will definitely return next year.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review following your recent stay. I am delighted to hear your comments regarding your stay and have passed your comments on to the team here at the resort.
I would like to thank you for bringing the maintenance issues to my attention and am pleased to confirm that we have acted on the feedback given.
I look forward to welcoming you all back next year.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Visited dundee to see family and decided to make a holiday out of it. Myself, 5 year old daughter and wife booked the Lodge House for 4 night's. It was perfect for us with the golf and fishing right on doorstep. The restaurant was more than could be expected. The staff we very friendly and great with the little one. They could not not have done anymore for us. The food was reasonably priced and we had high tea twice on our visit. We are already planning our next visit.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Kingennie, General Manager at Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us, I am delighted to hear your comments and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Had booked Glen Logie lodge for a short break for my son and his partner and their 2 little girls. I joined them for the first 2 nights and had a lovely time. The lodge is lovely with lounge & dining/kitchen are upstairs so the views from the front facing balcony overlooking the fishing pools were lovely. The website says that the back balcony is overlooking the 1st tee of the golf course however the trees and bushes are too high to see anything. We ate in the resturant on the second evening and the food and service was very good and reasonably priced. Minor issue was serving juice for a 3 and 4 year old in glass tumblers and of course one was knocked over and smashed. They have a very good inclusive kids menu so I would suggest you supply their drinks in plastic bottles when they are as small as our girls. The fishing, golfing and putting failities are very good and the girls loved the maze but the playpark is very limited and there is really not enought for little ones to do. Overall we loved it and I will certainly return.

Room Tip: Glen shee lodge overlooks the playpark if travelling with little ones.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear you loved your stay will us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. I would like to thank you for your feedback and I will certainly have a look to see if we can cut back the bushes and trees to bring back the stunning views previously enjoyed from this lodge. I have also noted your thoughts on plastic bottles for the children’s juice and will look at alternatives for this.