I stayed here with my family for a short 2 night break in July 2012. We stayed in the lodge directly adjacent to the main reception area. Unlike a previous poster we were not troubled by any noise from this area, although i don't think there were any weddings on during our stay.
We found the lodge to be a good size, nicely decorated and with a nice veiw over the fishing pools and Golf Course. Like a previous reveiwer we found the cooker in the lodge to be next to useless and the shower screen that leaked water last year still does, causing a potential slip hazard. However i feel these are minor complaints, and could be easily fixed, which begs the question why haven't they.
The golf course was nice, although the weather was shocking, so we had to cut our game short. This is obviously not the fault of the complex, however some small shelters on the course would have assisted.
The fishing facilities were great and my daughters loved catching their first fish.
The complex would benefit greatly from it's own pool/spa/gym facilities. The guest pass for the nearby sports complex was nice, but not the same has having the facilitiest on site. Infact i felt a bit like an intruder at someone elses private club.
Overall i think it's a nice complex and great for a short stay. I would visit again, but think an onsite pool/spa would improve the complex no end. Attention should also be paid by the staff to the comments in the visitors books left in the lodges. There are issues that need addressed
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you are looking for an activity holiday with family and friends, a romantic short break, the perfect wedding venue, or somewhere to celebrate that special event, Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort has it all. With top-class golf and fishing on the estate, the peaceful and unspoiled environment is also home to some of the very best luxury woodland and lochside lodges in Scotland. Its location makes it the perfect spot to explore Scotland's glorious countryside or play a round or two at the world's best know golf courses nearby. Conference and business meetings and events are all catered for, while sister company Corporate Kingennie can create memorable and effective team building or corporate days out. In the heart of the countryside, Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort nevertheless enjoys easy access to major towns and cities. Dundee is only 6 miles away, while Edinburgh, Perth and Aberdeen are within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and LateRooms so you can book your Forbes of Kingennie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Forbes Of Kingennie Hotel Dundee
- Forbes Of Kingennie Dundee, Scotland