After comparing many possible venues to host our Ruby Anniversary Weekend, we decided on Forbes of Kingennie. From the first meetings with staff (a year in advance) we were confident that this was the ideal place for us. Luxurious lodges for our guests, sporting facilities to keep everyone occupied during the days and a very pleasant function room in which to hold our two evening parties.
Today, following our celebrations, we are pleasantly satisfied that having spending the last week at F.O.K., we made the right choice. Our friends and family all had a fantastic time. They enjoyed some "Silly" putting competitions; target golf at the driving range; 9 holes of golf on the excellent (fairly challenging) golf course; plenty of catches for the anglers and both adults and kids had fun in the Maze and tracking The Treasure Hunt around the grounds.
The food we were served at breakfast and in the evenings was excellent and some of us who remained there for the whole week ate frequently in their restaurant and enjoyed everything laid down in front of us.
The staff, throughout our whole stay, were amazing. Nothing was ever too much trouble and any concern quickly rectified. The Function Operations staff were efficient and friendly, the Administration and Managerial staff were experienced and attentive, the Kitchen, Restaurant and Bar staff were skilled, charming and obliging, the Sports Coordinators were professional and expert and the Lodge administrators and Housekeepers, accommodating and thorough in their duties. They made a spendid "team" and added to our whole week being "great fun"!
We have stayed in three of the lodges at Kingennie and they were all extremely comfortable, fitted with quality furnishings and very well equipped.
If there were to be any minor improvements in the lodges, we would suggest the addition of: hair-driers, a small shelf in the shower cubicles for toiletries and a hook on the back of all bathroom doors.
We thank all "the Team" for their concerted effort in making our "Weekend" memorable for all the right reasons and wish them all the best in the future. We plan to meet them again next year....and hopefully the next!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you are looking for an activity holiday with family and friends, a romantic short break, the perfect wedding venue, or somewhere to celebrate that special event, Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort has it all. With top-class golf and fishing on the estate, the peaceful and unspoiled environment is also home to some of the very best luxury woodland and lochside lodges in Scotland. Its location makes it the perfect spot to explore Scotland's glorious countryside or play a round or two at the world's best know golf courses nearby. Conference and business meetings and events are all catered for, while sister company Corporate Kingennie can create memorable and effective team building or corporate days out. In the heart of the countryside, Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort nevertheless enjoys easy access to major towns and cities. Dundee is only 6 miles away, while Edinburgh, Perth and Aberdeen are within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and LateRooms so you can book your Forbes of Kingennie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Forbes Of Kingennie Hotel Dundee
- Forbes Of Kingennie Dundee, Scotland