All reviewsboat housetroutputting greenfly fishingglen islaglen sheehole golf coursehigh teadaughters weddingkids menusky tvfamily get togetherthoroughly enjoyed our staydriving rangeself cateringliving roomlovely meal
Reviewed December 14, 2011

I recently had my wedding at forbes of kingennie, and it was fantastic. The staff were all very helpful, thanks to colin and maureen for making my day run smoothly even after a member of the wedding party took unwell and an ambulance needed to be called. The venue itself is in a beautiful location, and the cleanliness was impeccable, the staff friendly and helpful. The lodge house was again beautiful and clean, we had other family members staying in different lodges and all commented on the high standard of the accommodation. We would highly recommend forbes of kingennie as THE place to have a wedding. Thank you to all the staff invoved with the planning and organisation of our wedding, you all helped to make our day perfect.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank GLindsay
Reviewed November 15, 2011

We recently held an evening meeting at Forbes of Kingennie and would highly recommend the venue to all. The staff were professional, friendly and very accommodating. Everything was done exactly as we'd asked.
Prior to the meeting we had a brilliant meal off the bar menu. We couldn't fault any aspect of the evening and wouldn't hesitate to hold a meeting here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Kingennie, General Manager at Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2011

We are delighted to hear about your experience here at Forbes of Kingennie and I have passed your lovely comments on to the team here. Look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed November 2, 2011

As a actor on tour we are always looking for different ways to break up the monotony of going from city to city. I found the forbes on a random google search and booked with a little intrepidation as you never know what you're going to get when you think outside the box. This in fact turned out to be one of the best weeks on tour. The actual venue we played in dundee, the caird hall, wasn't the best so this could have been a hard week at work. Needless to say it was our stay at the forbes that made the week so great.
The lodges were everything we needed. To wake up open the curtains and see the beautiful pools in the morning was fantastic. The lodges were all equipped with absolutely everything you'd need from the most basic appliances to sky sports. The bedrooms were comfortable and cosy, infact that would best describe the whole lodge.
The facilities outside the lodge were even better. The gents in my cast spent two blissful days fishing and myself and 2 of my collegues had a few rounds of golf on the beautiful course that weaves around the complex. Giving you great views across the countryside.
Finally and most importantly the spirit of the place is fantastic. The staff need to be commended for there impecable attitude. There was no task to difficult. No discount to large for them and at no point did we feel anything other than the broadest welcome to scotland. My castmates that weren't staying at the lodge who came for the day were stunned at the way the staff treated them like local residents with politeness, efficiency and some funny banter.
We were treated to some great days weather wise but I truly believe it was not the reason we had such an amazing time. I would recommend this to anyone I knew travelling to dundee and will let any performer I know that travels to dundee that this is THE place to spend there week. I'm desperate for a return to dundee just so I can book again. And may even do so for a romantic break with my girlfriend or a golfing weekend with my friends. There are not many places that you could do both of these things.
As I put on my questionnaire I had one nit pick of the whole week which was quite pathetic really. As we sat on the balcony the view of the lake was slightly obstructed by the wood fencing that surrounds it. Outside the restaurant there is glass panelling it would be terrific if this could also surround the seating area. Not a problem at all but just one way to tweak perfection.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2011

we had our wedding at Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort on the 17th September 2011, we had the most amazing weekend, the staff thought out the weekend were so helpful, organised, really smartly dressed and nice. They all made our wedding the most wonderful day and went out of there way to make it unique for us. Nothing was to much trouble!!

The Accommodation was great our quests had 10 of the lodges available to hire and everyone raved about them, they we clean and tidy with a lovely peaceful surrounding, we didn't hear one person complain about anything, a lot of our guests enjoying it so much they have been back for a meal.

After our weekend we really couldn't recommend them enough to others if your looking for a wedding venue, place to have a meal or somewhere to stay for a holiday Forbes of Kingennie is a real must!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2011

My husband and I stayed in the Leannan Boat House at Forbes of Kingennie for 2 nights at the beginning of October. When we arrived at the Boat House we were blown away by how beautiful it was! You enter through the kitchen which is modern and has everything you would need in a self catering accommodation. The lounge us beautiful and bright with an open fire, lots of windows and a balcony over looking a small loch. We were slightly disappointed as during our stay the fire would not work and there was no-one available to fix it. Downstairs is the bedroom with ajoining bathroom and a huge deck which is accessed through french doors. The bed is the comfiest we have ever slept in and the huge jacuzzi bath is amazing! There is no shower in the bathroom but this was no problem for us. There is a tv and DVD player in the lounge and the bedroom and a fabulous sound system that is wired through the whole house. The house was very clean and well equipped.

The location was beautiful - very quiet although it was only around 10 mins from Dundee. It is very close to many beautiful places to go and visit such as St Andrews and Anstruther. There are other properties very close by to the boat house so it is not as secluded as it may look on the website.

We ate breakfast in the main restaurant where the staff were extremely pleasant and helpful - especially Carlo who gave us a postcode for our sat nav to direct us to a nearby town. All staff made us feel welcome and were helpful.

I would recommend taking a torch as the path to the boat house is very dark at night time. As well as this it would be helpful if the website provided more information about what is available in the house and what may need to be taken.

We had a fabulous time and would most definitely return in the future!

• Stayed: October 2011

Thank you so much for your lovely comments.
I must apologise that the fire was not working during your stay, I am pleased to confirm that this has now been repaired. I am delighted to hear your comments regarding the staff here at Kingennie and have passed your comments on to the team.
I note your comments about the torch and now have a supply at reception for our guests staying with us.
Look forward to seeing you again soon.