Just spent 2 nights in this hotel and would not recommend. Firstly, had requested a quiet room but got a room at the front which looks out over noisy road. Secondly, the heat in the hotel corridors and room was unreal. I am very tolerant of heat and normally feel cold, but the room temperature was very uncomfortable. There was no heat on but just the fact the corridor temp was like an oven made the rooms extremely warm and as the windows only open a few inches even though I left my window open all day and night the room was still stiffling, even lying outside of bed with curtains and nets pulled back. So between the warm room and noisy road, a good nights sleep was not had either night. Breakfast is cheap and not exactly cheerful. Skimmed milk ran out, OJ not working, cardboardy bread, no croissants left, poor replenishment of food etc..Finally one of the reasons I booked this hotel was beacuse of the internet facilities, I was led to believe from the website that there was free wi-fi in the bedroom. However this was not the case. Wasn't informed of this at check in or asked if i required internet access. 24 hr internet access is £12.95, not wi-fi either. Was given cable and voucher, didn't work and staff were unhelpful in resolving problem. Ended up having to use free wi-fi facility in lobby, far from ideal if using for business purposes. Asked for another cable as I suspected this was the cause of the problem. Not clear either that 24 hr internet is not a consequective 24hr period but 24hrs use in total. Plus on second day, one of the inside walls of lift was smeared with blood stains, nice. To summarise, uncomfortably warm rooms, shoddy customer relations and poor breakfast. If staying in Dundee again I wouldn't dream of staying here ever again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Dundee is a stylish hotel offering an inclusive Express Start breakfast with hot options. Within the hotel there is free wireless internet access throughout. All 95 bedrooms offer freeview television, complimentary tea & coffee facilities, hairdryer and power shower. Holiday Inn Express Dundee is perfectly located in the heart of Dundee City Centre just a 5 minute walk from both Discovery Point & RRS Discovery and HM Frigate Unicorn. For sports fans Holiday Inn Express Dundee is within easy reach of the Dundee International Sports Centre as well as Dundee United Football Club and Dundee Football Club. The hotel is perfectly situated for the Train Station and Bus Station and only a 5 minute taxi journey to Dundee Airport. For the keen golfers the Holiday Inn Express Dundee is well situated for Open Championship golf courses such as St Andrews and Carnoustie. The hotel has 2 great value meeting rooms which are modern, informal and ideal for presentations, interviews and training. Everything you need is included from audio visual and projection equipment to stationery. Buffet lunch and snacks can be arranged at an additional cost. Parking is available in the nearby Gellatly Street Council Car Park with an access bridge direct to reception from level 3 of the car park. Parking is free between 6 pm and 8 am with charges applicable outwith these times. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Dundee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Dundee Hotel Dundee
- Dundee Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Express Dundee Scotland