Location- Central place to visit Scone Castel and St Andrews. Did not really visit the city itself. Asked for a quiet room with river view but did not get it. You can come in directly to the rooms on the elevator without going through the reception. You need a key to enter the hallway to your room, but anyone can come behind a guest. Rooms have no inside bolts.
Reception- Terribly rude, uninformed and unhelpful young lady on check in. Next day a young man and the lady were helpful.
Breakfast –Very good for a budget hotel. Sausages, eggs, beans, yogurt, bread, croissants, juice, etc. Floor was a bit sticky.
Room-Small European holiday Inn standard. Needs to be repainted and carpet was a bit tired.
Light for reading –Good
Bed –Comfortable, but with duvet instead of sheets and blanket, got a 2 twin bed room.
Wi-Fi-Terrible- front desk response is that everyone uses it! Da! If you don’t have power for every guest you don’t have internet!
TV- Good Size and a variety of channels.
Room for bags-Very tight
Tea Kettle or coffee maker- Yes
Bathroom-Small but efficient, some mold around the shower and floor a bit dirty or stained?
Safety bar in bathroom-Yes
Towels-Good size and clean
Amenities-None soap and shampoo from a bottle in the wall.
Hair dryer-Will fry your hair
Full length mirror-Yes
Makeup mirror- None
Laundry-No self serve
Iron and ironing board. None
Complimentary bottle water-No
Plugs-None by the bed
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Dundee is a stylish hotel offering an inclusive Express Start breakfast with hot options. Within the hotel there is free wireless internet access throughout. All 95 bedrooms offer freeview television, complimentary tea & coffee facilities, hairdryer and power shower. Holiday Inn Express Dundee is perfectly located in the heart of Dundee City Centre just a 5 minute walk from both Discovery Point & RRS Discovery and HM Frigate Unicorn. For sports fans Holiday Inn Express Dundee is within easy reach of the Dundee International Sports Centre as well as Dundee United Football Club and Dundee Football Club. The hotel is perfectly situated for the Train Station and Bus Station and only a 5 minute taxi journey to Dundee Airport. For the keen golfers the Holiday Inn Express Dundee is well situated for Open Championship golf courses such as St Andrews and Carnoustie. The hotel has 2 great value meeting rooms which are modern, informal and ideal for presentations, interviews and training. Everything you need is included from audio visual and projection equipment to stationery. Buffet lunch and snacks can be arranged at an additional cost. Parking is available in the nearby Gellatly Street Council Car Park with an access bridge direct to reception from level 3 of the car park. Parking is free between 6 pm and 8 am with charges applicable outwith these times. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Dundee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Dundee Hotel Dundee
- Dundee Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Express Dundee Scotland