“Business Trip”

Holiday Inn Express Dundee
Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Dundee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Great location, value for money, very nice rooms. No complaints.

I stayed here for a business trip and wanted to be in a location easy to find as I'm not from Dundee. Parking is next door in the NCP car park and I was only charged about £1.50 for overnight stay so very happy!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Stuart B
GraemeShewan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dundee, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Dear Stuart B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Dundee. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and managed to find the hotel easily through the road works.

We do value the feedback that we receive from our guests and I will be sharing your kind words with the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Dundee

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Nice enough room, not the most spacious. The bathroom is a bit odd - you can close the door on the toilet or the whole bathroom depending on how you're feeling... Fairly modern hotel, and staff were pretty helpful. Except they didn't have a great deal of key cards so our group (10 rooms); some were only able to get one key per room. Breakfast was very disappointing. Felt very canteen like - came on a tray. Not sure I would stay again unless price was right; have stayed in the Hilton across the street which was a great deal better

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Arnald5,

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Dundee.

I am sorry on this occasion we did not meet your expectations at breakfast. The breakfast operation is an area of the business we are currently reviewing, and I appreciate your valuable feedback to assist us in making the relevant improvements. The "canteen like" experience you refer to is one area in particular we are focusing on at present.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay despite this and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. Next to the main road, I was worried about the noise. But when the windows were closed we didn't hear anything and had a good nights sleep. Short walk to centre of Dundee. Breakfast was ok. Staff helpful. The only downside was car parking. Would use again.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Marky1964

Dear Marky1964,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Express Dundee.

I am pleased to note that you enjoyed a good night's sleep. Due to our central location, we advise our guest's to use the council owned car park in Gellatly Street just behind the hotel which has a link bridge at level 3 connecting to the Reception area of the hotel. The car park is free from 6pm until 8 am every day.

I am delighted that you will use the hotel again and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my wife and another couple as part of an evening in the city.
Parking is easy. One thing is too look out for right turn off to access to car park.
Small bar available.
Staff were very nice and helpful.
Been a few times.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Kaybe_1200,

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found the staff nice and helpful. I have already shared your kind words with the team.

I note you have stayed with us a few times and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Dundee.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

holiday inn nice central hotel /frendly staff -hotel in not far from live music bar (50 yeards) NUMBER 57 great for cocktails and live music friday saturaday ( i think they do sundays as well) - great location esprecially if you do not much know dundee - near train station.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Dear Motylpm,

Many thanks for your review regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Dundee.

I am delighted you found the hotel nice and the staff friendly, and I have passed your kind feedback to the team. The hotel is indeed very central with many wonderful restaurants and bars on our doorstep.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel a few times now with my mum and daughter. Never had a complaint and the staff are always very friendly.

Graham is exceptionally friendly. although we often take little trips down and stay a night, we usually stay in july on way back from our holidays and he always asks if we are down again in october for the swimming competition as he will book a room for us. he never forgets!!!

breakfast always great.

Room Tip: reception is on 1st floor with rooms above that so generally all rooms quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Dear California081013,

Thank you very much for your lovely review of your experience and dealings with the Holiday Inn Express Dundee.

I am very pleased to hear that use the hotel on your visits to Dundee and both myself and the team always look forward to welcoming you.

I trust we will see you again in October for the swimming competition at the new Olympia Swimming Pool and if you require any reservations to be made please contact me on 01382 314330.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

This relatively new business hotel is well located on the waterfront of the Dee River at the foot of the Dundee Central Business District, just a short walk from the main railway station. It was also a stroll from the rental car office, given that we had to pull a heavy suitcase through city streets.
The room at the rear was quiet, although a little utilitarian in that it had been designed for handicapped guests.
The breakfast bar had everything we needed, although the expansive view from the floor-to-ceiling glass windows was somewhat marred by the major roadworks providing access to the bridge across the River Dee. I assumed that progress on these works (assisted by Google Earth satellite views) is somewhat protracted.
We dined extremely well at Marco Polo on the ground floor beneath the hotel and would recommend this restaurant.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear of the hotel would be quieter due to heavy peak traffic at the front.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear DaiWynn,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Express Dundee.

I am delighted to note the room allocated to you was quiet and our extensive free breakfast buffet met your expectations. The road works currently in operation outside the hotel are making way for the new Victorian Albert Museum and major re-generation of the waterfront. Once completed this will create a stunning view of the waterfront area.

Once again, many thanks for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.