Dunlaw House Hotel
$55
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $66/night.

$79
$66
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $90/night.

Malmaison Dundee(Dundee)(Great Value!)
$72
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $94/night.

Premier Inn Dundee East Hotel(Dundee)(Great Value!)
$70
Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa(Dundee)(Great Value!)
$89
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $121/night.

DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee(Dundee)(Great Value!)
$69
Premier Inn Dundee North Hotel(Dundee)(Great Value!)
$69
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $84/night.

Premier Inn Dundee Centre Hotel(Dundee)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
PremierInn.com
All reviewsdouble roombreakfast was amazinglovely hotelenjoyed our staycrescentensuiteheatingcarpet
Reviewed June 6, 2012

They had availability for me at short notice, which I very much appreciated as I was traveling for a conference and didn't have time during the day to find another place. My room was a single on the ground floor, and although it was tight quarters, I have never slept in a more comfortable bed in my life! The room had a tv, wardrobe and wash basin, as well as tea/coffee facilities. There was a toilet on the ground floor down the hall, and a shared shower/bath on the first floor landing, both of which were clean. Breakfast didn't start being served until 8, which was a little later than I would have preferred, as I had to catch a bus to St Andrew's for my conference, but the food was good and the hostess was very friendly and helpful throughout my stay. I would NOT recommend walking here from the city centre/train station/bus depot, as it is all up a very steep hill and quite a way. Once there, though, the view was nice and the garden would have been lovely had it not been typical Scottish weather.

Room Tip: The single Monchan Suite on the ground floor has the best bed I've ever slept on.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ahvphd
Reviewed October 29, 2010

Booked for one night. On arrival I asked if I could have breakfast at 7.45 or a sandwich as they dont serve breakfast until 8am, this was agreed but in the morning I arrived for breakfast at 7.40am but there was no-one there, there were cereals etc, but no milk.
I waited but decided to go at 7.55 without breakfast.
Slept with my clothes on all night as there was no heating and it was the end of October in Scotland!
Never again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
5  Thank rosedonald
BoboDundee_Scotland, Owner at Dunlaw House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2011

Have just noticed this review and would like to respond to it as follows
We note that it was written by a "Rose"Donald - well it was in fact a male that stayed that night
We would point out that he could not find staff as they were in fact trying to relight the boiler as they found the heating to be off (later found it was the "Solanoid" that was at fault)
However, we would also like to point out that it was a "Gentleman" and not a lady who occupied the twin room that night and HE had the facilities of two duvets and two extra blankets at his disposal to keep warm and should not have needed to sleep in his clothes
We do regret that it was unfortunate that he did not experience our excellent Scottish .Breakfasts To finalise, we would like it noted by Trip Advisor that said "gentleman" in fact gave us the wrong numbers for his credit card and payment was not made for this stay !!
We should therefore be grateful if you could consider removing this bad report

Reviewed September 27, 2009

We went for the spet weekend, we hadnt booked in advance as we thought we would just go a drive and stay where we ended up. We struggled to find anywhere for a sat night and started to regret. We looked up on the sat nav and seen Dunlaws we rang and they had avalibility. As we were arriving we couldnt figure out how to get into the street as its all oneway and both ends were no entry so we parked out on the hill and walked round the owner answered the door, lovely fella and showed us to our HUGE room. We were so excited. We were allowed to park on the yellow lines just outside it. We settled in and were so amazed at the size. We had a queen size bed, en suite with bath and seperate shower. The decor is old fashioned, floral curtains and carpet but suited the old victorian house and was so cute. We are a young couple but just loved it. Breakfast was amazing with fantastic choice of cereals, cooked breakfasts. And on request will make dinner. There is a bar there as well it all over looks the garden whihc they have awards and tropheys. It is in a quiet street far away from town centre but perfect for a quiet wknd away.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank potaruru
Reviewed October 23, 2008

Oh dear. I didn't have a pleaant stay here at all and wouldn't reccommend it. Perhaps some rooms are quite pleasant, but I was in a single attic room with a very lumpy bed, depresing lifeless decor, and the only source of heat a rather smelly old electric heater. I spent a cold, uncomfortable night here. It feels like the owners haven't put much love into the place.

But the breakfast was not bad, and the garden pretty.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank cusden
Reviewed July 26, 2008

This was a lovely place to stay in dundee. we choose the location as it was close to some relatives that live near by. it is quite a tough walk from town (uphill) so take this into consideration if you dont have a car, but it is do-able.
The gardens were lovely and the inside decore was lovely. Breakfast was also cooked to order, and it was a high quality and very filling. My only complaint was that the coffee was instant (and not very nice). the bathroom was tiny (we stayed in room with an ensuite for 60 pounds/night) but that is common in europe. It was nice to have a television. the owners were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family