“Lovely! Educational and most importantly fun”

Dundee Science Centre
Ranked #21 of 101 things to do in Dundee
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Explore the wonders of the science. Immerse yourself in over 80 hands-on, fun and interactive exhibits. Experience one of our exciting live science shows. Relax over a coffee or browse our range of gifts at Dundee Science Centre - a fun and exhilarating experience for the whole family. Open 10am to 5pm, 363 days a year.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We enjoyed our trip here this week. Got there for opening a little after 10 - be warned the sat nav took us somewhere else and there are a lot of roadworks atm in Dundee! For 3 - 2 adults and one child it cost us just under 20£ to get in. We left at 2.15 having exhausted everything and enjoyed a relaxing lunch ( they serve Starbucks coffee!) the shows were great and well done to Louis for the science show. We really enjoyed it. The gift shop wS reasonable priced as was the coffee shop too. Delighted that almost 100% hands on stuff were working unlike Eureka in Halifax. We were impressed with the no of computers/ iPads with games and techy stuff on them.

2  Thank Georgiasmum

Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

we usually manage to get here about once a year. How anyone can get round it in 45 minutes is beyond me. I.ve never spent less than 4 hours there. In fact, on one occasion i just sat in the cafe chatting to my friend most of the day and even the kids found enough to keep them going for hours without getting fed up. I agree it.s better for ages 5 plus, though babies love the sparkly lights at the far end downstairs and even young children can manage the shape match robots upstairs. There are also usually at least 3 different demonstrations on lasting about 15 mins each. Some of the computer tests where you can check out your vocabulary knowledge and number skills are interesting for adults (do NOT go here without kids though! It is for children, not adults) it.s like a small version of glasgow science centre. My 5 year old spent a good half hour playing in the nose alone. Mindball was good fun and we enjoyed the 'more than meets the eye' talk. The cafe does good food and if you gift aid your entry, you'll get a money off voucher in the cafe. I would definitely recommend this place and i would say 4 hours can be spent here very easily (that's a minimum for us - we have been there for 6 hours plus sometimes and the kids are still engrossed in something or other!)

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I took my grandaughter to Sensation Dundee in preference to Dunhill Golf at St Andrews and we were not disappointed with her choice. I thought the cost was reasonable and there was plenty to do. It made me as a adult think about how things are done. We went to a mini lecture about optical illusions which had to cater for very young children and pensioners like me! Prices in the cafe were very reasonable and the food got thumbs up from my grandaughter. The only disappointment was the shop which I felt could have sold a wider range of goods. My grandaughter spent about an hour on her own while I had a coffee(and a rest) in the cafe.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I read the write up for Sensation and was extolled its virtues by a lady in tourist information. I am sure it is great for kids but as a solo adult I found it disappointing and over priced. I was looking forward to some in-depth information about robots that would add to knowledge gained on an Open University robotics course, but found very little beyond robots seen on TV or film. I also found the section about the senses lacking in substance. I feel the publicity material could make it much clearer that this is a tourist attraction aimed at kids rather than a serious science facility.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Sensation was well worth the visit. The live demonstration was really good and as it was so hands on and interactive it was really interesting.