“A one off treat”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dundee, United Kingdom
“A one off treat”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I went here when my mum was visiting as a special treat. I hadn't heard much about it before but it was absolutely delicious. We were seated a table near the food lift which wasn't ideal but we didn't let that bother us. We all ordered starters, mains and drinks, the starters and mains were presented beautifully and were all equally delicious. The drinks were superb and when my mum and I asked for cosmopolitans to be made even though they weren't on the menu they didn't hesitate to accommodate us. The waitresses were very friendly and the service was great. Would definitely go back here but only on special occasions as it was very expensive.

• Visited February 2013

Dundee, United Kingdom
“Higher class”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Went here for a birthday and it is not what I would personally go for when eating out. Pricey and the food portions are smaller than other places I have been. We had the pre theatre dinner. When I looked at the menu I found it a bit 'posh'.

Visited February 2013
“Another perfect meal”
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Lovely time again at The Playwright, we had an Itison voucher, great value. Service was excellent, my favourite place for a meal for special occasions.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Highly Recommended!!!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My student son had persuaded me to try this restaurant with a view to booking it for his graduation. I am certainly pleased we did. Not only did we experience a wonderful meal, delightful service in pleasant surroundings but we also managed to secure a table for the aforementioned graduation. A great result!
The menu is varied with something for everyone. We both had the haggis starter which was delightful and beautifully presented. My son went on to have the sirloin steak which had a supplement( well Mum was paying!!!) and was thoroughly satisfied with his choice. I had the sea bream which again was hugely enjoyed.
The almond pancakes for dessert are a must! Personally the mulled wine ice cream wasn't to our taste but this is purely personal! I would have preferred the Bailey's ice cream that was served with one of the other desserts. I am sure they would have accommodated this request had it been made.
If in Dundee do not hesitate to give this restaurant a try!
Meter parking is available just by the restaurant. £1.90 for an hour.

• Visited February 2013
Tayport, United Kingdom
“Could have been better”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Myself and my boyfriend visited here last week for the pre-theatre menu. I have to say that although the experience was ok, it didn't blow me away as has happened here in the past. My boyfriend had the pate and the pork, both of which were not great, the service was ok if a little standoffish. The playwright is expensive and needs to wow its guests if it is to retain the mantle of the best restaurant in town, work needed I think.

Visited February 2013