“Hidden Gem !!”

The Limetree Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Moffat
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Limetree has been one of the top restaurants in South West Scotland for more than a decade. There is consistent emphasis on the best quality ingredients, many sourced from the Moffat area and seasonal cooking.Chef Matt Seddon sums it up well: "I cook what I like to eat - real food - big taste, real flavour, no fuss."
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My wife and i stopped here for a meal on the way back from Glasgow looked up tripadvisor on my phone and called them from the motorway. We arrived a bit earlier than intended but were invited in for a drink and a browse at the menu while we waited. Not a huge choice on the menu but what was there was very appealing.We were taken downstairs to the dining room which i thought was just the right size no loud music and nobodys overpowering conversations the service was fantastic could not be friendlier or more helpful. Lovely home made bread before we re meal and as for the meal itself it was lovely. We will definitely eat here again and would highly recommend it.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We ate at the Limetree Restaurant recently (Feb 2013) and cannot compliment the food and service highly enough.
Exceptional value for money given the quality of the food and wine.
It is outstanding that you can eat food produced to this standard in a 'wee town'.
If you ever visit Moffat I would highly recommend eating and staying here.

Truly Wonderful.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Really enjoyed our dinner b&b package. Really nice service. We had lovely lamb, great veal and a marvelous cheese board.

1  Thank Char0nM
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

I visited this place on it's fabulous reputation but wish i hadn't bothered!i informed them well in advance(i.e. on booking)that my daughter was vegetarian +it was her birthday so what lovely delicacy did she get?all the vegetable side dishes thrown onto a plate!the menu for me+my partner was sparse and we had difficulty finding something suitable,when it came we were unimpressed.my partner finished up with the cheeseboard-tiny bits of rubbery cheese and some supermarket 'value' crackers!i expected so much better.the dining room was dated,the chairs were awful!the price was eye watering!we all left with disappointment+empty wallets.i will never go back.awful.

6  Thank maukatt
Reviewed September 21, 2012

You cannot fail to be impressed with the quality of food here. The food is prepared to an exceptional standard and we would highly recommend anyone visiting Moffat to experience The Limetree restaurant.