This hotel is located just out of the centre of moffat, its up the hill, easy to find, gorgeous views from the hotel and what looks like some good walking although we didn't have time to rekky any of the nearby paths. (there is also a nature reserve just down the road towards the motorway). The hotel is beautiful and warm and clean and the family who own it are really friendly. Our room was gorgeous and warm, with loads of stuff for tea and coffee and hot chocolate which was a bonus. The evening meal menu looked gorgeous but we decided to head into moffat in the evening (which is only a 5 minute walk) but breakfast was really lovely and cooked to perfection. All in all a really good find and perfect for a wee break and you're only 5 minutes from the motorway. Perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1850, this impressive Victorian house is in a peaceful terrace high above the town, having lovely views of the surrounding countryside. Beautifully maintained, its bedrooms offer high quality and comfort. The award winning Limetree Restaurant serves a charismatic blend of modern and traditional cooking with Scottish and global influence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Book Direct Rooms so you can book your Hartfell House & The Limetree Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hartfell House And The Limetree Restaurant
- Hartfell House & The Limetree Restaurant Hotel Moffat
- Hartfell House & The Limetree Restaurant Moffat, Scotland