My family(2 boys) and me and my husband came up to Moffat to visit my Uncle Patrick who lives near Lockerbie. I had stayed before in the hotel with my late Dad and we had thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. This time we were booked into the cottage for our stay. Blimey talk about Wonderful, we all wanted to move into it and live there forever. I was only sorry we were there for such a short time but we will definatley try to book it again for a longer time. The bedrooms and bathrooms so clean and comfortable. A lovely conservatory lounge off the main bedroom with Sky TV; how delighted were 2 boys to see that. Even a garage next to it with a table tennis table. They still talk about it. After a long journey from the South of England they could not have been happier. Please dont be put off by my late review as we stayed last August but I am just catching up with feedback!! No excuse just busy juggling work/home life.
We also ate in the hotel an evening meal and breakfast and both were scrumptious. If you do not say here then you will be missing out!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN Moffat House Hotel is an elegant mansion transformed into a stylish and comfortable retreat for family and friends, set in the charming Victorian spa town of Moffat. Built for The Earl of Hopetoun in the 1750s, it has been carefully maintained and modernised to retain all of it's elegance. Proprietors The Lawson family, along with their friendly staff, offer you a very warm welcome. Only 45 minutes from Glasgow, over 1 hour from Edinburgh and 15 minutes' drive from historic Gretna, The Moffat House Hotel is the ideal retreat to help you make the most of your time in the area. Set within private grounds, this stunning Victorian style hotel combines traditional elegance, comfort and a warm welcome. Keep connected from the comfort of your guest room with WiFi. Your room uniquely reflects the character of this traditional building without compromising on modern amenities. Check in to a Deluxe Four Poster guestroom and enjoy extra space, and beautiful views of the Scottish countryside. You can expect a heartfelt welcome, superb facilities. We have beautiful rooms equipped with everything you need for a relaxing break, so make our hotel your home and relax, have fun with or without the kids and enjoy very special grown-up time for yourselves. We are sure it will be a stay to remember. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HostelWorld, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Best Western Moffat House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Moffat Hotel
- Moffat Best Western
- Best Western Moffat House Hotel Scotland