Best Western Moffat House Hotel
$103
$89
$87
Days Inn Lockerbie Annandale Water(Lockerbie)(Great Value!)
$63
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
Queens Hotel(Lockerbie)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsan upgradefour postermain buildingno liftsunday carverysingle roomenjoyable staystayed for one nightreturn visiten routemain coursefamily roomscottish breakfasthigh streetshort breakold buildingfirst class
Reviewed April 6, 2013

This is a lovely old building with an amazing oval staircase and a glass breakfast room that looks out over the garden. Bedroom number 1 with a single bed is okay but I wouldn’t rate it higher than that. The shower cabinet and fitting was old and worn-out and looked impossible to properly clean, the bedroom radiator wasn’t working, and the hospitality tray included a pot of cold tea left by the previous occupant. Breakfast was very good but it would need to be to justify an additional £10 – and another £1.50 supplement because I chose smoked haddock. The dining-room tariff was high enough to send me along the road to the Star. That’s the beauty of Moffat as a place to stop over – so many hostelries within one small area and very convenient for the M74.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Wow, what excellent service we received. All staff were so helpful especially Michael and Paul.
We stayed there to visit Auchen Castle nearby for our wedding in Dec 13, we were bitterly disappointed with the castle and spoke to Michael about having our wedding there instead, he put our mind at ease straight away. The chef spoke to us at length and was very helpful, the food we had in restaurant later that day was great so fresh and beautiful homemade breads.
Location I fantastic, walking distance to other pubs, parks, cafe, cake shops and scenic walks.
We can't wait to go back.
Thanks for everything :0)

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed at this hotel on Saturday 31st March and it was a very nice place.

Room was very traditional with a stunning bed with feature headboard and footboard.

Very good atmosphere in the bar where a lady was playing the harp which I thought was a nice touch.

Keep an eye out for the tree out back. Excellently lit at night and a brilliant feature of the hotel.

Special mention to Michal who seemed to be on hand to do everything about the place.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Ok, first the good points...great location and parking and the building was lovely.Restaurant food was really nice and the bar area was quite comfortable. On the negative side, our room was stuck in a time warp. A grey bathroom suite, awful grouting job on the bath area and..wait for it..Lino on the floor..a tired, tired place that needs some nice TLC, and a bit of investment too. The staff tried their best but appeared to be multi-tasking which resulted in a few short-comings and service problems. No water glasses on dinner table, requested a morning paper but didn't arrive etc..I've probably forgotten a couple of other things. My wife and I spend many months of the year travelling the world, and I'll hold my hand up and say I've probably re-registered on here a few times as have forgotten passwords etc so not a newbie and haven't really left a poor review on here. But I'm sorry to say that this didn't live up to its billing. £158 for DBB isn't cheap and you would expect more salubrious surroundings for picking up that tab. Not one I 'll be hurrying back to.

Room Tip: Not room 20
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Just returned from my second visit to this hotel. My expectations were very high after my first visit. I was not disappointed as the standard of service could not have been any better. Thanks again to the very pleasant and helpful staff, Michael, Anna, Selina, Ian, Zoe and all the other staff who I did not meet! Looking forward to my next visit!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business