“Great value for money”
Review of Limetree House

Limetree House
Ranked #13 of 24 Moffat B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stayed here for one night while attending a wedding in Moffat. Arrived late but the room was clean, warm and in a good accessible location. Didn't have breakfast but the dining room looked nice. Highly recommend if you're passing through Moffat.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Recently stayed here for three nights whilst motorcycle touring with a group of six friends. . . Rooms, breakfast and service were all of a high standard, and owners Katherine and Derek were very friendly and helpful. . . Even did us a reduced rate for the group booking. . . Highly recommended and excellent value. No complaints whatsoever !

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Nice rooms, comfy beds and a feast at breakfast and they have a garage to park the bike in overnight.

Location wise, they're in the middle of Moffat which in itself is just off the M74, so dead handy all in all.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

A great B&B located in town. Very clean and excellent value. Breakfast was fit for a king and we really enjoyed our stay. Even had a garage for us to park our bikes over night. Highly recommend to anyone looking to stay in Moffat.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stayed here overnight and everything was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast menu included everything that anyone would want. The room had all the amenities that you would expect from a 4 star property. Very handy for walking round Moffat.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank fergusonWesthill
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Although it is just over a year since I stayed here, having mistakenly thought I'd written a review, I feel obliged to comment on what a great place this is. I was heading for the Shetland Isles from Bath to celebrate my 60th and this B&B offered the ideal break in a long journey and I booked it in advance. The trip was a nightmare - rain all the way from Bath to Birmingham and then fierce crosswinds over the border into Scotland. I was exhausted when I arrived, but Derek kindly took my wet biker gear and dried it overnight. There was security parking for my bike. Nothing was too much trouble and my room was very comfortable. Unusually, Derek and Katherine invite your order for breakfast the previous night, a system that works very well.

Breakfast was of a very high calibre and most enjoyable. As I packed my bike to leave, Derek and Katherine came out to wave me off and obligingly took a photograph of me that became my Facebook ID photo. A week later, returning from the Shetlands, I phoned ahead and was granted a lovely double room at the same price. The next morning, I shared breakfast with 4 other bikers who were obviously equally impressed by the quality, cleanliness and hospitality which the owners clearly take a pride in offering their guests.

I can heartily recommend this guest house, having stayed in many around the UK.

Room Tip: The first time, my room didn't have much of a view, but this was not an issue, as I was tired...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I've stayed here on 3 separate occasions now, and always been very impressed with the welcome, the accommodation, and the breakfast. Even though it's a beautiful old house, the amenities are very modern and comfortable. Lovely lounge too, which is a bonus in a B&B. And Moffat is a charming town - really thriving feel to it. Highly recommended.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moffat
Buccleuch Arms Hotel
No 29 Well Street B & B
Queensberry House
Queensberry House
#1 of 24 in Moffat

Been to Limetree House? Share your experiences!