“overnight stop”

Ranked #12 of 23 Moffat B&B and Inns
Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
“overnight stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stayed here overnight and everything was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast menu included everything that anyone would want. The room had all the amenities that you would expect from a 4 star property. Very handy for walking round Moffat.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank fergusonWesthill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Bath
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Although it is just over a year since I stayed here, having mistakenly thought I'd written a review, I feel obliged to comment on what a great place this is. I was heading for the Shetland Isles from Bath to celebrate my 60th and this B&B offered the ideal break in a long journey and I booked it in advance. The trip was a nightmare - rain all the way from Bath to Birmingham and then fierce crosswinds over the border into Scotland. I was exhausted when I arrived, but Derek kindly took my wet biker gear and dried it overnight. There was security parking for my bike. Nothing was too much trouble and my room was very comfortable. Unusually, Derek and Katherine invite your order for breakfast the previous night, a system that works very well.

Breakfast was of a very high calibre and most enjoyable. As I packed my bike to leave, Derek and Katherine came out to wave me off and obligingly took a photograph of me that became my Facebook ID photo. A week later, returning from the Shetlands, I phoned ahead and was granted a lovely double room at the same price. The next morning, I shared breakfast with 4 other bikers who were obviously equally impressed by the quality, cleanliness and hospitality which the owners clearly take a pride in offering their guests.

I can heartily recommend this guest house, having stayed in many around the UK.

Room Tip: The first time, my room didn't have much of a view, but this was not an issue, as I was tired...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Edinburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

I've stayed here on 3 separate occasions now, and always been very impressed with the welcome, the accommodation, and the breakfast. Even though it's a beautiful old house, the amenities are very modern and comfortable. Lovely lounge too, which is a bonus in a B&B. And Moffat is a charming town - really thriving feel to it. Highly recommended.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Rotherham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Pleasant locaton 1 street back from the center of Moffat, limeted parking but we had no problems on a holliday weekend.
All you can posibly want for a breakfast, very sensibly priced,
Mortorcyclist friendly we were allowed use of private garage to keep bikes undercover.
Route cards available for some great tours in the aera.
We had the top rooms 2 flights up no problem if you are fit, wwe lost hot tap water for a while around early evening but not for long.
Will we go back, Yes

Room Tip: one room on top floor has a view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Romsey, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Limetree House is situated in a quiet back lane 200m from Moffat centre with shops, services and eateries. There is on-street parking. We stayed one night en route to Skye. We had the 'executive double' - a large very well furnished room with big comfortable double bed. Also a large flat screen TV. A shower room completed our accommodation. We were very comfortable. Mrs Clemmens the host is really very well organised and, as her guest, you will be too.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed just the one night but wish it had been longer. Our Dog was also in tow and we were all made to feel welcome. Our room was a real home from home and beautifully furnished. Breakfast was exceptional, a great choice to suit all tastes. Location is great as well just a few yards from the main high street with plenty of dog friendly places to eat. Would definitely recommend and will be back

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

My puppy and I stayed over for one night. Wish I had extended the stay as the room and the service were exceptional. The fire in my room was already lit for my arrival and honestly it would not have been out of place in a 5 star city centre hotel. Breakfast was literally anything I wanted, although apparently Marmite will never get past the front door so it that's your thing better bring your own. The owners are a treat, very knowledgeable and will happily give you hints and tips for what to do and where to go in local area to make your visit perfect. Puppy was also warmely welcomed and they suggested dog friendly local eateries for supper which is a rarity in the city. First class. We both want to go back soon.

Room Tip: just ask. I believe all the rooms are constantly upgraded.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo