“Millionaire's shortbread”

Mulberries Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Coffee shop serving freshly cooked meals and home baking. Afternoon teas and high teas available.
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I must admit to being on the hunt for the best millionaires shortbread anywhere! This place has in the top 2 yet!! Homemade [can't remember the cooks name?] it had the right balance of a base not too powdery and not too hard, right thickness of caramel without too runny and a thick chocolate topping that did not overbear the other layers. Tatse hit and texture was just right. Next time I'm over the border or staying at the caravan park I'll be down just to check they are keeping up standards, just for research purposes of course!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Friendly staff with a warm welcome. Prompt service with a smile. Coffee good home baking outstanding , very bad for the waist line but very tasty!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Coffee good with tasty chunky home-made Potato/Leek soup + panini blessed with chilli oil atop molten cheddar and red peppers - so far so good. Poor organisation resulted in people walking out as service was slow [for them, but not us] Enjoyed the liquid chocolate!!!

1  Thank shawbhoy
FoxyKirkcudbright, Owner at Mulberries Coffee Shop, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you for your positive comments. I have newly taken over, but can assure you that on Sunday nobody walked out without being served. There were 4 people came in, who I saw, but unfortunately all the tables were taken so they decided not to stay. Look forward to seeing you again if you return to Kirkcudbright. Philip.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I went into the cafe a few weeks ago, I was greeted by Wendy the owner. She was lovely! All the staff were lovely and I was tended too very quickly. I was with a group of friend and in total there was 12 of us, so we took up too tables but a member of staff assured us this was okay. I had a baked potato with tuna melt, it was delicious. I don't know what the last reviewer is on about, he appears too have no taste buds. My coffee was also excellent and I had some carrot cake which was a slice of heaven. Overall, excellent food, coffee and cake! Thanks everyone! I will be back soon!

1  Thank Cyclinghead
Reviewed September 1, 2012

What a shame
A lovely decor and pleasant cafe, however the cooked food is not.
From a rock hard sausage to a grey, hard baked potatoe, the food unfortunately was dissionting. This was topped off by an unapproachable owner ejecting my partner and I with my 83 year old wheelchair bound mother.
I am sure the cakes and coffee are fine but whatever you do don't complain.

3  Thank John G