“Finding it's feet”

Mulberries Cafe Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Coffee shop serving freshly cooked meals and home baking. Afternoon teas and high teas available.
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Coffee good with tasty chunky home-made Potato/Leek soup + panini blessed with chilli oil atop molten cheddar and red peppers - so far so good. Poor organisation resulted in people walking out as service was slow [for them, but not us] Enjoyed the liquid chocolate!!!

1  Thank shawbhoy
FoxyKirkcudbright, Owner at Mulberries Cafe Bar, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you for your positive comments. I have newly taken over, but can assure you that on Sunday nobody walked out without being served. There were 4 people came in, who I saw, but unfortunately all the tables were taken so they decided not to stay. Look forward to seeing you again if you return to Kirkcudbright. Philip.

There are newer reviews for Mulberries Cafe Bar

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I went into the cafe a few weeks ago, I was greeted by Wendy the owner. She was lovely! All the staff were lovely and I was tended too very quickly. I was with a group of friend and in total there was 12 of us, so we took up too tables but a member of staff assured us this was okay. I had a baked potato with tuna melt, it was delicious. I don't know what the last reviewer is on about, he appears too have no taste buds. My coffee was also excellent and I had some carrot cake which was a slice of heaven. Overall, excellent food, coffee and cake! Thanks everyone! I will be back soon!

1  Thank Cyclinghead
Reviewed September 1, 2012

What a shame
A lovely decor and pleasant cafe, however the cooked food is not.
From a rock hard sausage to a grey, hard baked potatoe, the food unfortunately was dissionting. This was topped off by an unapproachable owner ejecting my partner and I with my 83 year old wheelchair bound mother.
I am sure the cakes and coffee are fine but whatever you do don't complain.

3  Thank John G
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We didn't know Kirkudbright and we were directed to this coffee shop. The cheese scones were still warm and the coffee was good too, with a free refill. A good choice.

Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

Really nice place for a bite to eat! Not bad prices, service was fine and the food was good.
The best thing: hot chocolate!!