“Cheap or expensive nothing cheap about the quality though”
Review of Polarbites

Polarbites
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Freshly cooked Fish and Chips,Scallops,Halibut,Salmon and lots more.Seating for 40. B.Y.O.B..No corkage charge and glasses provided. Reservations recommended.
Livingston, United Kingdom
“Cheap or expensive nothing cheap about the quality though”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

The rains pouring down how do we entertain the kids go to Polarbites.
What a cracking place.
My wife and I went to this chippie for an evening meal!!.
There are 3 menus on offer-----.
Carry out.
Sit in ridiculously cheap ie chips-haggis-beans-etc.
Sea bream--local scallops--lobster--when available--local with salad potatoes etc--how fresh--you can see the boats from the window!!!!!!!!!!.
We had a slap up meal chose locally caught fresh sea food I had scallops wife had sea bream mains roughly £10.
The chippie went like a fair -it was Saturday night.
Decor stark functional spotless chippie--- atmosphere---lively.
We loved and will be back!!.

• Visited October 2012

• Polish first
Renfrew, United Kingdom
“A bit more than your average fish and chip shop”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

While staying in Kirkcudbright on holiday, we decided to try Polar Bites after reading how good it was and we were certainly not disappointed. It has a good range of seafood on offer and everything is cooked to order. There are also "specials" available, so read the boards inside. Reserving a table is recommended as on the day we visited they were full and we opted for a take away instead. If you are in the area it is well worth a visit.

• Visited October 2012
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Fish Was Great”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

The fish was beautiful,, the chips were very below average and the staff were awful.
My first, not brill review, I was brought up to believe if you can't say something nice don't say anything...
However, because the fish was good, hear I am.
Fish fresh, and fabulous.
Chips tasted as if they had been sat for a long time, hot and stale.
The staff were dismissive and really didn't want to be at work.
Cost, nearly £18 for two fish and chips, no extras, no drinks just fish and chips.
I agree to pay this in a restaurant, with good service and pleasant surroundings, but come on guys! This is a fish and chip shop with a seating area, and not particually clean either,

• Visited September 2012
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“If you like fish you've come to the perfect place”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

If Carlsberg did fish suppers....... Every kind of fish is available at Polarbites, everything is cooked fresh, so you have a few minutes to wait for the perfect fish supper

Visited September 2012
Tokyo, Japan
“Very good”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I had heard of polar bites from this website, but got the impression that it was quite high-end and expensive. Turns out it was neither! Had a very casual and welcoming feel to it. I did find that there was an average of two pound extra to eat-in, but the portions are quite large, so its worth it (I might recommend splitting a plate if you don't have a big appetite!). We ordered 2 orders of Haddock with chips (£8.70) and an order of haggis (£3). The fish and chips were really good as was the haggis. It was my first time having haggis, but my Scottish friend said it was really good (though it was battered, which is unusual). The staff were also quite friendly and it wasn't too busy as we were visiting during the day. All in all, a great place to eat and highly recommended.

• Visited September 2012