“Hot scones to die for!”

Harbour Lights Coffee House & Bistro
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kirkcudbright, United Kingdom
“Hot scones to die for!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Wonderful selection of home baking. You can sit in or outside, and enjoy what must be the finest selection of home baking available in the town. Pass this one by if you dare.

Visited April 2014

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“6/5/14 Nice Shop Front Shame About The Food & Staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

Was visiting this town recently & thought this cafe looked pleasant with an interesting menu.
We ordered a pea /ham soup, chicken mayo sandwich, fresh orange juice and vegetable lasagne. The soup looked green and thick however it had an unpleasant bland taste which meant I left most of it. I then tasted the "fresh" orange juice to get rid of the soup flavour...it was worse! This had a disgusting chemical-type taste! I suspect it was some kind of UHT orange juice that was way past its use by date. The waitress got my sandwich order wrong (I got coronation chicken instead) I decided to try it anyway - cheap, mass produced chicken with bits of gristle - hideous.My partner had the veg lasagne which arrived with garlic bread. She said it tasted "cheap & nasty" - I could see it contained only diced sweetcorn, peas and carrots of either the tinned or frozen variety. Luckily we had some water to wash away the foul flavours and decided to leave, pronto!. I went to the counter to pay. Two staff members where there discussing how to fill out a bill. Fair enough, I was going to wait patiently and I said nothing nor did I make any gestures. The male staff member (I think the owner) glared at me while he was dealing with waitress, said nothing and then walked away. I dont think I should have disturbed him. I paid, then we left hurredly, never to return....nor should you. Terrible "atmosphere" and food, with an owner who obviously hates the public.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank t h
London, United Kingdom
“Nice Little Cafe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

We just had coffee so cannot comment on food. Perfect for a quick drink, decent atmosphere and comfy seats.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank GoodHonestAdvice
Alnwick, United Kingdom
“Very good food and an entertaining place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

We visited this coffee house/restaurant whilst passing through KIrkcudbright and were certainly not disappointed. There is an excellent range of food at very reasonable prices. We were pleasantly surprised with the number of vegetarian dishes as well as plenty of other things for meat eaters. We chose a vegetarian biriyani and a mixed bean casserole, both of which were delicious. The place is 'decorated' with a range of very amusing signs. So there is entertainment to read whilst you are waiting for food or visiting the toilets. The place is 'fun' and casual and we would definitely return.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank profjoypc
Stone
“Super place to eat, loads of character.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

We've visited this place many times over the years and have never been disappointed. It has bags of character, and plenty to keep you amused, have a read of the literature that accompanies the menus and have a giggle! Also, you must visit the (clean) toilets, lots of amusing stuff hanging on the walls.
Our latest visit was a busy Saturday lunchtime, loads of people in the place, and only one man cooking and serving all by himself. I have to say he did a brilliant job.
I had bangers and mash, with onion gravy, lovely, tasty and meaty sausages, perfect mash and loads of gravy, thoroughly enjoyed this on a cold November day!
A few people don't like the casual, quirky nature of Harbour Lights, we love it, and we will be back.

• Visited November 2013