We stayed at the Days Inn at Gretna for a week in order to visit Loch Lomond, Edinburgh and attend a wedding.
The venue was perfect for this and because it was a single storey building there is virtually no noise from the motorway - in fact the only noise we did hear were teenagers returning to the room opposite which is not the fault of the hotel!
The room was clean, the bed very comfortable and overall we were happy with the sleeping arrangements.
One aspect that did seem a bit farcical was that we had paid for the traditional English breakfast which is taken at the Eat In within the main services - no problem as the food was ok and service was quick EXCEPT that on the Tuesday morning my partner was not hungry so we asked for just porridge and toast expecting that as this was worth about £5 LESS than the cooked breakfast this would be no problem..............WRONG.!
It appears that you have to have what is on the voucher so we ended up paying extra for the porridge which is just ridiculous .......... Welcome Break need to sort this out as it did spoil our first impression despite the fact that the Eat In staff were very friendly and it was clearly not there fault...after all, if a faceless decision maker wants to dictate such nonsense then they have no power to do anything about it but surely this makes no sense...??
The next day we just ordered the two traditional breakfasts and then split it at the table so that my partner had a light bite and I was stuffed .........or rather, I ended up leaving some which is a waste and rather a poor reflection on Welcome Break if anyone was to look as it was not because the food was not good, it was just that even I could not manage 4 sausages etc !!
Other than a poor management decision re food vouchers I thought that it was a good set up and we consider using will use Days Inn again - especially this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Days Inn Gretna Green is close to the M74 and M6 motorways, and within easy reach of Carlisle. It has free Wi-Fi and free parking. Newcastle-upon-Tyne and County Durham are about 1 hour from the hotel. The famous wedding village of Gretna Green is close by. Tasteful en suite rooms and personal service make this convenient hotel an ideal place to break your journey. Each bedroom has a TV (with Freeview channels), a free hot drinks tray and newspaper, a hairdryer and a trouser press. All rooms have broadband Wi-Fi at an additional cost. Pets are permitted in the hotel. Please inform the hotel when you make your booking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Days Inn Gretna Green M74 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Gretna Green m74 Hotel Gretna Green
- Gretna Green Days Inn
- Days Inn Gretna Green M74 Scotland