“Where do I start?”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Gretna Green
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
“Where do I start?”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Well at £61 a night I wasn't expecting the Hilton but our stay was simply unacceptable. The corridor had a horible smell, the advertised free wi-fi in every room didn't pick up on any of my three devices, the advertised coffee maker was in fact a kettle, there were two plug sockets which were already in use and the shower gel didn't work. I would have complained to the receptionist but they were outside having a fag when we left. Complained by email and was told the wifi is fine, the shower gel is fine and the corridor smells because they let people with dogs stay on that corridor. They didn't seem to see why it's a problem to put a young family on that same corridor! As for the coffee maker, the manager asked me which website I booked through so they could inform the agent to remove it...I sent them a screen shot of it on their own website!!! Needless to say I will not be staying here again. Would recommend you don't either!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Olly K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Crawley
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We where made very welcome,plenty of parking,nice ground's to walk dog on lead,staff really nice and friendly,room was spotless,wifi good,we hope to go back again on our way to scotland next year,hope it's the same staff.well done keep up the good work

Room Tip: We choose this location because we where on our way to north scotland and wanted a break with our do...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Usually stop at Premier Inns but his was a cheap alternative. Just off the motorway and with a shopping complex with basic food,KFC<Macdonalds etc. Free parking at Hotel and quick book in with very friendly and helpful receptionist named Sue. As it was a one night stopover we had no cause for complaint and breakfast could be purchased at the reception and then you had to cross to the complex to get it,it was basic but not too bad. Although not a patch on a Premier Inn it was at this time quite cheap. May tri it again.

Room Tip: Could not properly assess where the best location would be but our Room(48) was nice and quiet
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I usually rate a place by the ease of parking and the friendleness of the staff. This place, just off the motorway, has both in abundance. The service station next door is basic for food but if you want a decent low cost sleep and a quick get away you can't go wrong.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
scotland
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Third visit here, staying for two nights, as usual staff friendly, easy check in, free parking. Room 60 was our room this time as usual very clean.not as quiet as the other rooms we stayed in,
When I went into bathroom noticed a smell like damp or blocked drains, thought maybe it was because door was closed for a while as we did not arrive till after 10pm.
Next day smell was still there, so left bathroom door open to see if that would help, but, cleaner closed the door.
Ate at eat in at service area, reception have vouchers to give 10% discount. Food very good , service was a little slow as chap doing the cooking and taking orders was on his own , but we were in no hurry.
Next morning no hot water , so I was not a happy person I do not like cold showers, had to boil kettle to be able to wash my hair.
Reported smell to reception so hopefully whatever the problem was it will get fixed .
I would still stay at this hotel as it was the first time I had to complain.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Wicklow, Ireland
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Situated just off the motorway, beside a complex of shops with a newsagent, coffee shop and fast food places. A lot of truck drivers stop of here. Check in was fine and quick. All rooms are on one floor. Old fashioned bedroom. The bathroom has the worst shower I have ever been in. Difficult to control and if your over 5 foot tall you are in trouble- my neck still hurts. Next morning breakfast was delivered to my room even though I never ordered it- I have my own theory on this! Then with the do not disturb sign on the door at 8.30 am with one knock in walks the cleaner, he said I thought you had gone! Best part of this whole experience was the 40 pounds rate for the night. There is no nice qualities to this hotel. Go elsewhere would be my advice.

Room Tip: On the second floor if there was one!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank RKF2014

Travelers are raving about these Gretna Green hotels

Telford, Shropshire
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed at the Days Inn Gretna one night in April to break up a journey from Staffordshire to Glasgow.
I arrived at 8.30pm and was greeted by one of the friendliest receptionists I have ever had the pleasure to come accross. He gave a chirpy welcome after a long drive.
I had upgraded to an exec room. It was plain, yet clean and contained everything I needed for my one night's stop. The bed was one of the comfiest I had ever stopped in and I found outside noise to be minimal, seeing as we were close to the Motorway.
I walked over to the services for breakfast (cereal and tea), albeit this was also offered to be delivered to my room when I checked in.
Check-out was fast and efficient with a different, yet chirpy, receptionist. They train them well here.
Will not hesitate to stop here again if needing to break up a long journey to Scotland.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
#5 of 5 in Gretna
The Gables Hotel
The Gables Hotel
#1 of 5 in Gretna

Been to Days Inn Gretna Green M74? Share your experiences!